Community Alert Issued Following Robbery of Mass Art Student
On September 16, a community alert was posted on the Emmanuel Portal informing students of an alleged robbery of a Mass Art student’s purse occurring at a local pizzeria. According to the announcement, this is not the first recent incident of its kind; “two local hospitals have reported similar descriptions with purse snatching crimes recently.”
The suspects seen by the Mass Art student have been described as a “teen aged male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a female wearing a red hooded sweatshirt,” according to the Portal announcement.
The incident has been reported to the Boston Police.
TIPS FOR ENSURING YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY:
- Always be aware of your surroundings, especially at night. When parking, walking or returning to your car, remain in well-lit and populated areas.
- Avoid walking alone late at night. When possible, walk with friends and people you know.
- Be watchful and aware. Keep your head up. Make quick eye contact with those around you and be observant of passing vehicles.
- Don’t become distracted by talking on a cell phone or listening to an iPod/similar device.
- Before going out, call ahead to let friends or family know you’re on the way. Designate a time you expect to arrive, so that in the event you fail to show up on time, they’ll know enough to begin looking for you.
- Walk with confidence. Be assertive. Don’t let anyone violate your space. Trust your instincts and know that anyone can be a victim of crime.
- Program the number for Campus Safety in your phone 617 735-9710 and Boston Police 911.
Please contact Campus Safety with any questions regarding this matter or any other Public Safety issue.