Davido was born David Adeleke in Atlanta, Georgia, on November 21, 1992, to the affluent Nigerian family of Dr. Adedeji Adeleke, co-founder of Adeleke University in Osun state and CEO of Pacific Holdings Limited.
At the age of 16, he moved to Alabama, United States, to study business administration at Oakwood University.
Davido bought musical instruments and started making beats while at Oakwood. With his cousins B-Red and Sina Rambo, he established the music group KB International.
Davido dropped out of Oakwood University to pursue music full-time and relocated to London to hone his vocal abilities.
In order to honor his father, he put his singing career on wait and opted to attend Babcock University when he returned to Nigeria in 2011.
After his father funded the university to build a music department for an inaugural class of one student, he graduated from Babcock in July 2015 with a second-class upper degree in music.
Davido’s Net Worth in 2022
Davido is a Nigerian-American singer, songwriter, and record producer who is Nigeria’s second richest artist with a net worth of $40 million. Digital sales of his popular songs, albums, sold-out shows, YouTube music videos, and endorsement deals are his main sources of income.
He is the first Nigerian singer with over 750 million video views on YouTube, while also making millions of dollars from his music videos.
Sponsorship deals with MTN, Guinness Nigeria, and Infinix Mobile are among his other sources of income.
In a now-deleted tweet from December 2021, he and his management claimed that the musician had made more than $20 million dollars.
Davido is 29 years old.
Music as a Profession
Davido made his international debut in October 2011 with the release of Shizzi’s smash track “Dami Duro.”
Dami Duro’s video, which was published in January 2012, instantly became the talk of the town, gaining massive airplay throughout Nigeria.
Dami Duro’s debut studio album, Omo Baba Olowo (Child of a Wealthy Person), was released on July 17, 2012, by the HKN Music Record Label.
The record had a lot of popular songs on it, which helped him gain more fans; since then, he’s had a lot of hits, which have brought him fame, money, and international recognition.
Davido executive produced OBO with the help of other producers such as Jay Sleek, Spellz, Maleek Berry, and others. Sina Rambo, Ice Prince, Kay Switch, B-Red, 2 Face, and Naeto C were among the performers who performed.
“A Good Time,” Davido’s second studio album, was released in 2019, and “A Better Time,” his third studio album, was released in 2020.
The record has gotten over 200 million digital plays since its release last year.
Davido’s net worth has been enhanced over the years by signing billion-dollar sponsorship deals, in addition to money from his songs and album sales.
On April 6, 2012, Davido signed its first-ever largest music deal with MTN Nigeria for N30 million.
On October 24, Davido also announced a relationship with Guinness Nigeria.
Davido signed another Endorsement arrangement with Infinix Mobile, a Hong Kong-based smartphone manufacturer, on May 9, 2018.
Relationships and Personal Life
What Is the Name of Davido’s Girlfriend?
Davido is currently engaged to Chioma Avril Rowland, the mother of his first child, Ifeanyi Adeleke, whom he welcomed into the world in 2019. On Chioma’s birthday, April 24th, 2018, the two famous couples made their romance public.
Prior to dating Chioma Avril Rowland, the celebrity singer was linked to four other women, the first of whom was Sophia Momodu, his first baby mother.
Automobiles and Residences
The vocalist of Assurance owns two properties in Lagos, one in Lekki and the other on Banana Island, both worth N800 million.
There is also a vacation mansion in Georgia, USA. His collection of automobiles is incredible, and includes the following:
- 9.4 million Chevrolet Camaro GS
- R8 Audi (23.4 million)
- (12 million) Audi Q7
- GLS63 Mercedes-AMG (45 million)
- Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon (21 million dollars)
- Several automobiles, including a Porsche, Range Rover Sport, and Chevrolet Camaro (all worth $30 million).
- 2019 Rolls Royce Cullinan (350 million dollars)
- Bentayga Bentley (108 million dollars)
- (95 million) Bentley Continental GT
- Porsche Panamera Turbo S (estimated value: $22.8 million)
- Range Rover Sports (between $84 and $90 million)
- (98 million) Range Rover SV Autobiography
- Honors and Awards for Music
- The Headies’ 2018 Artist of the Year
- The Headies named him Artist of the Year in 2014.
- The Headies, 2013’s Hip Hop World Revelation
- The Headies, Next Rated, 2012
- 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards Male Artist of the Year
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year, 2013.
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Best New Act of the Year, 2012
- Kora Awards, Best Newcomer Award, 2012
- BET Awards, 2014, Best International Act: Africa
- Dynamix All Youth, 2011: Promising Youth Artist
- African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014, Best Male West African
- African Muzik Magazine Awards, Artists of the Year, 2014
- MTV Africa Music Awards, 2014, Best Male Artiste of the Year
- Ghana Music Awards, African Artiste of the Year, 2014.
- 2014 City People Entertainments Awards Male Musician of the Year
Success occurs when your dreams get bigger than excuses. !! FULL BOWL 🏟SOLD DA FUXK OUT !!! IM POSTING VIDEOS ALL WEEK!! ELECTRIFYING!! 🥰🥰🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬❤️❤️🙏🏾🙏🏾😇😇😇 THANK YOU LONDON AND EVERYONE THAT CAME OUT ROCKED WITH US !!! 🌎TOUR DATES ON DA WAY !!! pic.twitter.com/8sjnFFldLC
— Davido (@davido) March 6, 2022
A Career in Music
Davido made his debut in the globe in October 2011 with the release of his hit single “Dami Duro,” produced by Shizzi.
When Dami Duro’s video was released in January 2012, it became the talk of the town and received a lot of airtime across Nigeria.
Omo Baba Olowo (Child of a Wealthy Person), Dami Duro’s debut studio album, was released on July 17, 2012, under the HKN Music Record Label.
Davido’s Net Worth, Biography, Residence, and Vehicles (2021)
The album was full of great songs, and it helped him get more admirers. Since then, he’s published a slew of singles that have helped him earn fame, fortune, and international recognition.