On July 8, 1977, Kanye Omari West was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He was raised by his mother in Chicago after his parents split when he was three years old.
After the divorce, his father, Ray West, a former member of the Black Panther Party, relocated to Maryland with the help of his son’s money to operate a shop and café.
As early as the third grade, Kanye West was rhyming in class and performing in front of his peers. After graduating from high school, he got a scholarship to attend the American Academy Arts in Chicago in 1997.
In order to follow his musical aspirations, West dropped out of high school at the age of 20.
- As recently as the year 2000, Kanye West was working on little music projects. Deric Angelettie was one of the local musicians he worked with, and he was a producer for him.
- When he joined Roc-A-Fella Records as a producer, he worked with artists like Ludacris, Common, and Cam’Ron, which led to his big break.
- He began his career as a great producer, but his actual calling was to be a rapper, and he never wavered from that goal.
- When he launched his first album ‘The College Dropout’ in 2004, it sold 441,000 copies in its first week on the market.
- He worked on Kanye West’s new album, “Late Registration,” alongside composer Jon Brion in 2005. His last record had racked up sales of 2.3 million in the United States.
- His third studio album, “Graduation,” was published two years later and debuted at No. 1 on the US Billboard 200, selling 957,000 copies in its first week. One of the greatest single hits for Kanye West was the song named ‘Stronger.
- When Kanye West’s fifth studio album, ‘My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,’ was released in 2010, it debuted at the top of the Billboard charts and was hailed as a masterpiece by reviewers. The album was certified four times platinum in the United States.
Since then, he’s sold millions of albums and gained a reputation as one of the world’s top rap artists. Eminem, Jay-Z, Beyonce, and many others have worked with him.
Kanye West’s Net Worth Is Estimated to be $3.2 billion In 2022.
What Is the Net Worth of Kanye West?
Music wasn’t the source of most of Kanye West’s money. Most of his money comes from his Yeezy line of shoes and clothing.
For $20 million in 2014, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West purchased their property, which they allegedly renovated for four years, and $20 million before moving into it in 2018. Later, Kris Jenner said the house was valued at $60 million in a tweet.
At an estimated $4.5 million, Kim Kardashian West’s 20-carat diamond ring is one of the most costly celebrity engagement rings.
At the age of 18 months, Kanye spent $74,000 on presents for his eldest child, North. One of the most expensive items in the haul was a $62,000 diamond-encrusted tiara.
Timeline of Kim Kardashian’s and Kanye West’s Love Story
- Even though Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are one of the most prominent and powerful celebrity couples in the world, their six-year marriage will end on February 19, 2021. TMZ reports that Kim Kardashian has filed for divorce from Kanye West and is seeking shared custody of the couple’s four kids.
- Even though they called it quits in 2021, their love story had a lot of twists and turns along the way. Here’s everything you need to know about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s relationship, from their envious Italian wedding to the birth of their four children—including all the details on their impending divorce.
- Although Kim and Kanye originally met in the early 2000s, they didn’t become close friends until the following year.
- North West, the couple’s first child, was born in June of that year after the pair started dating in 2011. They were married in May of last year.
- Kim and Kanye have had three additional children after their wedding, and they presently live in Los Angeles, California.
- It was revealed on January 5th, 2021 that Kim and Kanye were divorcing, and Kim formally filed for divorce on February 19th, 2021.
- Kim’s divorce was finalized on March 2, 2022, and she became a legal single person as a result.