Who is Jordan Belfort?
Jordan Belfort, a motivational speaker, and novelist from Queens, New York, was born in 1962. In the 1990s, he gained a household name thanks to his investment business, Stratton Oakmont, which swindled investors out of millions of dollars.
Author of “The Wolf of Wall Street,” which was made into a movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio. He’s also well-known for the crimes in which he was involved, such as fraud and other things of the kind.
A penny-stock fraud had him running a boiler room as well as stock market manipulation. It took him 22 months in jail and more than a hundred million dollars in penalties to get a guilty plea for his acts.
Wife of Jordan Belfort and Her Relationship
- When you consider how much Jordan Belfort has achieved in his corporate career and in his literary career as the author of “The Wolf of Wall Street,” you have to wonder about his personal life.
- Even if you’ve heard of Jordan Belfort, you may not be aware of his marital status. Jordan Belfort has more than one marriage. In fact, he had two marriages, and Denise Lombardo was the first of them.
- Denise Lombardo was, in fact, his first wife, although it didn’t last long. When they split after four years, she earned a cult following even though she wasn’t the one holding the renowned Belfort’s hand.
- It’s unclear how much money Denise Lombardo is worth, although she’s well-regarded in the industry for her work.
- Jordan Belfort divorced her after she completed her studies and earned her degree, following which she worked as a flooring expert in a sales department for many years. As of 2010, she has been a licensed real estate agent.
- In the 1980s, he owned and ran a seafood and meat company in his hometown of New Bedford. In 1987, Belfort began selling shares when the firm was forced to shut down due to a loss of money.
- His marketing skills were put to use in a new context when he began working for a brokerage business in 1987. At the brokerage firm, he learned the ins and outs of the job.
- Stratton Oakmont was the name of his investing firm two years later. In tandem with Danny Porush, Jordan became a multi-millionaire thanks to the notorious “pump and dump” plan.
- Among other things, his brokers were instructed to push specific stocks to the firm’s customers, which contributed to inflate the stock prices. With this sneaky plan, his firm sold its stock and made money.
- Stratton Oakmont’ was shut down by the US Securities and Exchange Commission in 1992, claiming that the corporation was manipulating stock prices and cheating investors. In less than two years, Belfort was out of his sleazy brokerage firm.
- Jordan was ordered by a judge to pay back $110.4 million that he had swindled from various stockbrokers in the subsequent legal dispute. For the duration of his time in jail, Tommy Chong became one of Belfort’s closest pals.
- It was Chong’s suggestion that Belfort writes about his time as a stockbroker. Chong would later be credited by Belfort for his current success as a motivational speaker and writer.
- Motivational speaker Jordan has received widespread acclaim. Attendees at his Australian seminars have praised him highly for his live presentations. The year 2014 to 2015 saw him went on a live globe tour, where he spoke on motivating subjects.
- His lectures focus on the ‘Straight line method,’ a sales strategy that he teaches.
Besides lecturing, Belfort has worked as a consultant for more than 50 publicly traded firms. As a writer, he has been published in a number of prominent journals and newspapers all over the globe.
- The New York Times, The London Times, The Los Angeles Times, and The Herald Tribune are among the publications that have published Jordan’s articles. His works have also appeared in publications such as ‘Business Week’ and ‘Forbes’.
Jordan Belfort has a Net Worth of $115 Million (Forbes 2022)
In the United States, Jordan Belfort is worth $115 million dollars. A former stockbroker turned entrepreneur, Jordan Belfort now speaks and writes on a variety of topics. So far, the film based on Jordan Belfort’s book The Wolf of Wall Street has grossed over $1 billion worldwide. A Jewish family raised in the Bronx, New York, gave birth to Jordon Belfort in 1962. Jordon Belfort’s net worth was more than $2 billion in the United States during his height. Over the last two years, the value of Jordan Belfort’s company has climbed by 40 percent.