Early Years and Ascension to Fame
Kim Kardashian was born in Los Angeles, California on October 21, 1980. Robert Kardashian, Kim’s father, was one of OJ Simpson’s defense attorneys. Kris Kardashian, also known as Kris Jenner, is her mother. Kim began her work in Hollywood as a star’s assistant and stylist. Paris Hilton, her best friend, and socialite was one of her first significant clients.
Kim Kardashian is the mother of two half-sisters, Kendall and Kylie, and has two sisters, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian. Bruce Jenner, a former Olympic athlete, is Kyle and Kendall’s father (now known as Caitlyn Jenner). Kim has risen through the ranks of celebrity over the last ten years to become one of the world’s most well-known and successful figures. She is a multibillion-dollar media magnate with a thriving corporate empire. Kim’s empire now includes a cosmetics brand, personal appearance fees, a television salary, a clothing line, weight-loss goods, perfume, and retail sponsorships, among other things.
Kim rose to prominence with the emergence of a notorious sex tape featuring her and Ray J. Kim used her celebrity to launch her own reality show on the E! network, Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Since then, Kim’s celebrity has soared to new heights. She’s starred in films, adorned the covers of thousands of magazines, and appeared on a number of reality shows.
Kardashian has dated a number of NFL athletes, NBA players, and rappers along the road. Kris Humphries, an NBA player, proposed to her in 2011 and they married in 2012. The marriage barely lasted 72 days. Kim made $18 million from the wedding’s endorsements and television rights.
After a highly publicized relationship and multiple appearances by Kanye on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kim married music mogul Kanye West. Their daughter, North West, was born on June 15, 2013, and they married on May 24, 2014. They have three children now. Kim Filed for Divorce From Kanye on February 19, 2021.
Who Is the Richest Kardashian? More Kim Kardashian’s Net Worth!
- Kim purchased a $4.8 million Beverly Hills property in March 2010. It’s a Tuscan-style five-bedroom home on four acres on some of the world’s most expensive real estate.
- Kim’s income for her reality program used to be roughly $15,000 per episode, but it was recently boosted to $500,000.
- Kim and her then-husband Kris Humphries stayed in the Ganesvoort Hotel’s Presidential Suite for several weeks while filming “Kourtney and Kim Take New York.” The suite is priced at $7000 per night.
- Kim wore a $2.5 million Lorraine Schwartz 65 carat brilliant diamond tiara, a $2 million 20.5 carat diamond engagement ring, and $5 million 28 carat diamond earrings to her wedding. On her wedding day, she wore a total of more than $10 million in jewelry. Not to mention her $150,000 hair and makeup budget.
- In 2014, she earned $28 million.
- She earned $53 million in 2015, making her the world’s highest-paid celebrity for the first time.
- Since 2015, she has made between $50 and $80 million every year.
Milestones in Kim Kardashian’s Net Worth
- Kim’s net worth has been tracked since October 2009. We estimated her net worth at $10 million at the time. Her net worth had risen to $20 million by 2011. She was valued at $40 million in January 2013. Kim’s fortunes exploded during the next five years… in a good way. She was valued at $85 million in 2015. By 2017, her net worth had nearly risen to $150 million. Kim Kardashian’s net worth is $350 million as of April 2020.
- On June 29, 2020, we reported that Coty Inc. had purchased a 20% stake in KKW Beauty for $200 million, bringing Kim’s net worth to $900 million. The total brand was valued at $1 billion as a result of this purchase. After the $720 million acquisition, Kim still owns 72 percent of the company.
- On April 9, 2020, we increased Kim’s net worth to $1.4 billion after learning that Skims had received $154 million at a $1.6 billion valuation. She is thought to possess between 50 and 60 percent of the corporation.
How Much Does Kim Kardashian Have in Net Worth? Find Out How She Became a Multi-Billionaire.
When Kim Kardashian West was initially profiled in Forbes in 2011, it was merely a count of her Twitter followers: 6.6 million, just behind Barack Obama and above Ashton Kutcher. She graced the cover of Forbes five years later, thanks to her lucrative mobile game, which helped her make $51 million that year. She is now officially listed among the World’s Billionaires for the first time.
Kardashian West’s net worth has risen to $1 billion, up from $780 million in October, thanks to two profitable businesses—KKW Beauty and Skims—as well as cash from reality television and endorsement deals, as well as a number of smaller ventures, according to Forbes.
Following the success of her half-sister Kylie Jenner’s Kylie Cosmetics, Kardashian West launched KKW Beauty in 2017. She took a page from Kylie’s book, employing a direct-to-consumer approach that mainly focuses on social media marketing. Her initial introduction of 300,000 contour kits sold out in less than two hours. By 2018, the company had grown into eyeshadows, concealers, lipsticks, and fragrances, and had sales of around $100 million.
When Kardashian West unveiled her cosmetics brand in 2017, she told Forbes, “It’s the first time I’ve moved away from having license deals and turned into being an owner.”