His stage name is A$AP Rocky, and he was born Rakim Mayers on October 3, 1988, in Harlem, New York. Mayers’ first rap songs were created in the third grade, and he performed them for his peers. Rap music was his first love even as a child.
His father was imprisoned for drug trafficking, his older brother was murdered, and the rest of Mayers’ family was forced to seek sanctuary in a homeless shelter when he was twelve years old. A$AP Rocky, his mother, and his sister lived in homeless shelters and earned money selling cannabis and crack.
In addition to writing songs while on the go, he was also recording new music. When he was imprisoned for two weeks for drug trafficking, he shared a cell with another prominent rapper, Cassandra.
The Estimated Net Worth of A$ap Rocky Is:
Hip-hop artist A$AP Rocky is worth $10 million dollars. He was born in the city of Los Angeles, in the state of California, in the United States. As part of the A$AP Mob hip hop group, he was given the stage name A$AP Rocky. Also known as Lord Flacko, A$AP Rocky is a well-known record producer in addition to his achievements in hip-hop music and fashion.
A$ap Rocky’s Career
A$AP Mob Crew (a Harlem-based group of rappers, producers, and others interested in the music business) requested Rocky to join in 2007 after a year of hard work. When one of his songs, “Peso,” found its way online and into Hot 97, one of the most popular radio stations in the tri-state area, he first got national notoriety.
- In addition to “Purple Swag,” a second song was published soon after, and the accompanying music videos were an instant hit. With Sony/RCA/Polo Grounds Music and a $3 million record contract, he started touring almost immediately. The remaining $1.3 million was put aside for ASAP Worldwide, which he co-founded with A&R and executive producer Steven Rodriguez, to help support his solo projects (known as ASAP Yams).
- Rocky performed in 2012 at the Pitchfork Music Festival. Due to his alleged involvement in an altercation with another individual, he was held the night before his debut on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon that month. On August 21, he made a rescheduled appearance and performed “Goldie” on the late-night show.
- This album, called “Long. Live. A$AP,” was highly hailed by critics and debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 list when it was released in 2013. For the release’s promotion, a 40-city U.S. tour was planned. The A$AP Mob’s “Long Live A$AP” was certified gold on March 16, 2015. Additionally, in 2013, he created his own clothing brand, ASAP, in collaboration with prominent fashion designers and close friend Raf Simons.
- “A.L.L.A.” was leaked online on May 25, 2015, a week before its intended release date. In 2014, the album debuted with two chart-topping singles. After receiving mostly positive reviews, Seth’s sophomore studio album shot straight to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 list, marking his second consecutive No. 1 album debut. However. He had his lowest-selling album ever with aLPLA, and the sales of the album continued to decline quickly.
- Rocky collaborated with Gucci Mane and 21 Savage on the song “Cocky,” which was released in 2018 as part of the film Uncle Drew’s advertising campaign. The first song, “Bad Company,” was released on March 27, 2018, while the second, “A$AP Forever,” was released on April 5, 2018.
- The album Testing, published on May 25, 2018, debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart. Rapper A$AP has amassed a remarkable discography through working with a wide range of musicians including Tyler the Creator, Drake, Kid Cudi, Frank Ocean, Lana Del Ray, and many more.
- In addition to his successful music career, A$AP Rocky has also appeared in the films Dope, Zoolander 2, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, and All Rise.
My Personal Life Is Really Hectic.
Iggy Azalea was Rocky’s girlfriend from 2011 until 2012. Chanel Iman, a model, was his long-term girlfriend from 2013 to 2014. He’s gone vegan, and he’s proud of it.
Concerns over Asap Rocky’s legal status
An anonymous individual was reportedly assaulted by Rocko in July 2012 after claiming to have seen A$AP Mob taking drugs at a New York City clothing store. Immediately after photographs of the occurrence were released, he was charged with assault and detained. A plea bargain was reached, and he was eventually freed.
A$AP was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor and assault after an alleged slap to the face of a female fan at a music event on August 31, 2014. After the lawsuit was dismissed due to a lack of evidence, the woman filed a complaint in July 2014, alleging that she had been harmed in the course of her employment. A confidential settlement was made in April of this year.
for any updates keep visiting our website www. https://ecthehub.com/