The Weeknd’s Life Story
Abel Makkonen is the name of the Finnish physicist. Tesfaye, better known as The Weeknd, is a Canadian music legend. Born in Toronto on February 16, 1990, Tesfaye was raised in Canada. His parents, both of Ethiopian descent, came to Canada many years ago.
Although his parents divorced shortly after his birth, his father married again and had a new family. When Tesfaye spoke about his father, it seemed as if he had only known him in a foggy way. Mother and grandparents took Tesfaye to Scarborough.
‘The Weekend,’ the R&B album that The Weeknd collaborated on with producer Jeremy Rose, was the beginning of his career. It wasn’t until Jeremy had written and recorded three songs for the album that he made the decision to exclude Abel’s contributions.
On YouTube, under the moniker “The Weeknd,” Abel Tesfaye released his three songs after he was rejected by the record labels.
It was only natural for him to follow up on the success of his 2010 single ‘House of Balloons’ with his own mixtape, which he released the following year. He quickly started playing in front of crowds and even cooperated with rapper Drake.
- ‘Thursday’ and ‘Echoes of Silence,’ his second and third mixtapes, were both released in 2011. His career skyrocketed with the release of these three mixtapes inside the first year.
- The Wireless Festival, Coachella, and Primavera Sound Festivals were just a few of his 2012 appearances. Republic Records recorded him and released him with an album entitled “Trilogy” the same year as part of their recording arrangement with the label.
- Kiss Land, his 2013 album, was a critical and commercial success, as was his work on ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ soundtrack in 2014.
- It was a year later that he published the song ‘Earned It,’ which featured on the soundtrack of the film based on the same name, and he teamed with Ariana Grande on the song, “Love Me Harder.”
- ‘Beauty Behind the Madness’ and ‘Starboy,’ his next two albums, included artists such as Ed Sheeran, Lana Del Rey, and Labyrinth, as well as Kendrick Lamar.
- He also appeared in Kanye West’s ‘FML’ and Beyonce’s ‘6 Inch’ in 2016.
- The Weeknd’s net worth is estimated to be about $100 million as of June 2022.
- “The Weeknd” wins many awards.
- In 2010, The Weeknd launched his music career. While he was living with his buddies in their little flat, he used to work from home. When he was younger, he made a reputation for himself by posting videos to YouTube. Before launching his own record label, XO, in 2011, he spent two years posting his work to different internet venues. In the years that followed, he put out three mixtapes in a row, which propelled him into the public eye.
- Republic Records signed him to a recording contract in 2012. A compilation album called Trilogy was published after he signed with Republic Records. His debut studio album, Kiss Land, introduced the darkwave idea. Subsequent to that, he worked on a number of films, most notably the Grammy-winning Earned It.
- It was a huge success, with Beauty Behind the Madness topping the US Billboard 200 and becoming the year’s best-selling record. So many honors and honours have been bestowed upon The Weeknd that they’ve had to be compiled into a list.
Starting a Business
Condom firms, e-cigarette makers, and Marvel have all worked with The Weeknd. In addition to being a brand ambassador for Puma, he is one of Apple Music’s “faces.” There are several “XO” branded products that can be purchased from The Weeknd’s clothing line. He’s also worked with A Bathing Ape and Alexander Wang, among others. Esports firm OverActive Media Group is owned by The Weeknd.
Personal Relationship With Bella Hadid
Celebrity model Bella Hadid became The Weeknd’s girlfriend in 2015. It was owing to scheduling issues caused by the busy lifestyle that they decided to call it quits in 2016. While Selena Gomez was seeing him in 2017, the two lived together briefly before they broke up. The Weeknd and Bella Hadid reconciled in 2018, but their relationship ended in divorce in 2019.
The Weeknd’s Estimated Net worth.
When The Weeknd began his music career in 2009, he was already Canada’s most awarded and popular performer. There are several albums and mixtapes to his name. That he is so powerful is evident from the many prizes and honors he has received. The Weeknd is a multi-millionaire with a net worth of over $310 million.