Rachel Stevens was born in Southgate, London, the daughter of a Jewish family and attended Osidge JMI School and Ashmole School in London, where she was educated in the Jewish faith. Jason and Leigh, her two older brothers, are also in her life.
The year was 1993, and she had just turned 17 when she beat out more than 5,000 other girls in a modeling contest sponsored by the UK teen magazine Just 17. Her initial modeling assignments led her to enroll at the London College of Fashion, where she eventually graduated with a diploma in business administration. When she was working for a film studio and then in public relations, she began to lose interest and chose to pursue a singing career instead.
For nearly two years, Stevens had a relationship with property developer Daniel Cohen while she was in S Club. “She’s an incredible sweetie, someone I haven’t a bad word to say about,” Cohen said after their breakup, referring to Stevens as “an absolute darling.” Stevens proposed to actor Jeremy Edwards on Valentine’s Day in 2002.
In early 2004, the couple split up. He is the son of former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein, who she dated after the breakup of their relationship.
- The couple’s romance was short-lived, as they called it quits in August of 2005. In September and October of 2006, Stevens was related to Oliver Trevena, better known as Oli T, a British artist based in the United States.
- Alex Bourne proposed to Stevens in June 2008, after spending 18 months together.
- Due to Stevens’ busy fall schedule preparing and performing on Strictly Come Dancing, the pair chose to delay their wedding until August 2009 instead of getting married in the fall of 2008.
- On August 2, 2009, Stevens and Bourne exchanged vows.
- This was a Jewish wedding.
- The couple announced their impending parenthood on May 19, 2010.
- After her first child in 2010, she gave birth to her second in 2014.
- Stuart “2D” Pot, the lead vocalist of the virtual band Gorillaz, is rumored to have dated Stevens during a point in their fictional past.
- Stevens observes some of the (Jewish) holidays, and “I’ll go to the synagogue on certain occasions,” says Stevens.
Why did Rachel Stevens Divorce Alex Bourne?
The first time Rachel Stevens has spoken publicly since her breakup from husband Alex Bourne after nearly 13 years of marriage, she thanked her followers for their support.
On Monday, the 44-year-old former S Club 7 singer thanked her followers on social media for their kind words at this tough time.
To thank everyone for their kind words and support, she sent a statement on her Instagram stories. ‘It means the world to me.’
On Friday, the singer used social media to inform her followers of the terrible news. I just wanted to let you know that Alex and I have taken the painful choice to part ways after much time and contemplation,’ she wrote.
‘Even though we are no longer married, we are still partners in raising our beautiful daughters and will continue to love and respect one another no matter what happens in the future.
My gratitude for the life we’ve established together makes me want to keep going forward as a family, and I want to do just that.
For Any Updates Keep Visiting Our Website ecthehub.com