Kevin Gates was born on February 5, 1986, in Louisiana, but he and his family soon relocated to Baton Rouge. As Gates’s father was absent from his life, he was introduced to crime at a young age, and his upbringing was not always pleasant.
Although Gates was arrested for the first time at the tender age of 13, he did spend some time in a community college. Gates lost his father not long after they reconciled when he was a teenager.
Kevin Gates signed with Dead Game Records in 2007 after showing early musical interest. Kevin Gates helped place Baton Rouge on the hip-hop map alongside artists like Boosie and Webbie. Kevin Gates benefited by working with Boosie, who became one of the city’s most well-known rappers in due time.
Prison put a halt to his career in 2008, but he returned to the music industry in 2011 with a master’s degree in psychology and renewed vigor.
Lil’ Wayne’s record company, Young Money Entertainment, noticed Gates after the release of his first mixtape, Make ‘Em Believe, and signed him as a member of the management team (not as a rapper). However, Gates was able to use this setback as a stepping stone toward starting his own record label in the future.
MUST BE READ: Darius Danesh Net Worth: A Closer Look Into hIS Profession Life, Career, & Lifestyle in 2022!
Kevin Gates Net Worth:$1 Million
|Net Worth:||$1 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Feb 5, 1986|
|Profession||Rapper, singer, and entrepreneur|
Kevin Gates’s big break came in 2013 when he launched the record label Breadwinners’ Association and dropped another mixtape under its auspices. Shortly after, he dropped another mixtape, and both of them were successful commercially and critically.
- Gates went on a four-week tour across the United States in October called the Stranger Than Fiction Tour to promote the mixtape. Starlito and Don Trip were also on hand for the tour. In the wake of the tour, Gates was once again in up for breaking parole. He received a four-month sentence but only served three and a half.
- In response to his sudden fame, Gates set off on a four-month tour across the United States. The rapper, however, quickly met with more bad luck when he was re-arrested. And then, in 2014, he dropped yet another mixtape despite facing imminent prison time.
- The mixtape dropped on March 18, 2014.
- Artists including 2 Chainz, Plies, and Rico Love made cameos on the mixtape. The mixtape peaked at number 17 on the Billboard 200 as well.
- Gates’s 13th mixtape, Luca Brasi 2, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, marking his third consecutive appearance on the chart. The highest position the mixtape ever achieved was #38. The single “I Don’t Get Tired” from the mixtape was Gates’ first to chart on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Album by Kevin Gates:
Kevin Gates released his thirteenth mixtape in 2015, and since then, his fans have been clamoring for more new material from him. In 2016, in response to fan demand, Gates will release Islah, his debut studio album.
The album was a huge hit, selling over 110,000 copies in its first week and reaching #2 on the Billboard 200 chart. Since 2016, Kevin Gates has dropped a steady stream of mixtapes and extended plays.
At a press conference on May 26, 2016, Gates stated that on May 27, 2016, he would release the sequel to Murder for Hire.
While Gates was still behind bars, his wife Dreka dropped By Any Means 2 on September 22. As the project’s executive controller, she oversaw all operations. This mixtape peaked at #4 on the Billboard 200.
Gates’s three-song EP Chained to the City came out in May 2018. After serving his sentence, he is finally free, and this is his first public appearance.
MUST BE READ: Ryan Reynolds Net Worth: A Closer Look Into His Profession Life, Career, & Lifestyle in 2022!
For Any Updates Keep Visiting Our Website ecthehub.com