Early Years of Wendy Williams
Wendy Williams was born on July 18, 1964, in Asbury Park, New Jersey. She was born to Shirley and Thomas Williams as the second of their three children. Wendy was five years old when the family relocated to Ocean Township, NJ. She attended Northeastern University from 1982 to 1986 after receiving her high school diploma from Ocean Township.
She earned a Bachelor of Science in communications from Northeastern and worked as a DJ for the school’s radio station, WRBB.
Career in Radio
She worked at WVIS in the Virgin Islands for her first professional radio position. She then got a job at WRKS in New York City as a temporary DJ. Williams was hired to anchor afternoon shows at the Washington, DC-based station WOL a year later.
- Soon Wendy was presenting the most significant drive-time shift and was one of the station’s most well-liked full-time DJs. Wendy transitioned to NYC’s Hot 97 urban station after a format shift, where she stayed from 1994 to 1998.
- After being let go in 1998, she was employed by Philadelphia’s WUSL radio station. Wendy really found her stride at this particular station. She met Kevin Hunter, who would later become her husband and agent, in Philadelphia.
- Her program subsequently become nationally syndicated. Her candid and open comments about her past drug use, miscarriages, and breast augmentation surgery contributed to her increasing popularity and helped the station go from 14th to 2nd place in the ratings.
- She went back to New York City in 2001 to fill a full-time, syndicated 4-hour time slot on WBLS. Williams is well known for a crazy interview she conducted with Whitney Houston, which propelled Wendy to popularity in the radio industry.
- 2009 saw Wendy leave the radio program to concentrate on a career in television. She had already been admitted to the National Radio Hall of Fame by that point.
Wendy Williams: Married Life
Robert Morris III, a salesman, was Wendy Williams’ first husband. Between 1994 and 1995, their marriage only lasted a year. Since 1997, Wendy Williams has been wed to TV manager and producer Kevin Hunter. Kevin Hunter Jr., Wendy and Kevin’s son, was born in 2000.
According to recent reports, Wendy Williams’ husband Kevin Hunter may be having an affair with Sharina Hudson, a massage therapist.
Wendy Williams’s Age, Height, and Weight
Wendy Williams, who was born on July 18, 1964, will be 57 in 2022. She is 60 kg and 1.78 m tall.
Wendy Williams’s Net Worth After Career
Wendy Williams’s net worth after the media Wendy Williams’s media career began with radio show hosting. WVIS, a radio station in the US Virgin Islands, recruited her, giving her her first real job.
Despite earning only $3.75 an hour, she followed her passions. She switched from WVIS to WOL later that year. Williams made headlines at WRKS in New York as a fill-in DJ.
A year later, Williams switched to an afternoon drive-time shift, and in 1993, she won the Billboard Award for “Best On-Air Radio Personality.”
When Wendy Williams moved to Philadelphia to work for WUSL (“Power 99FM”), her career took off. She gained notoriety by being open about delicate matters like her private life, previous drug addiction, breast augmentation surgery, and miscarriages.
Williams’ capacity for engaging discussion and frankness about her background won her admirers. After being elected into the National Radio Hall of Fame, she decided to focus on television and departed radio in 2009.
Wendy Williams has a Net Worth of $40 Million In 2022
|Profession||Actress, Author and TV, Host, Fashion Designer and Radio Personality|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1964|
|Height||5 Feet 4 Inches|
|Net Worth||$60 Million US dollars (As of 2022|
Wendy Williams has a net worth of $60 million as of February 2022. Her radio show, endorsements, book deal, and talk show provide the majority of her wealth. Her annual salary is estimated to be $15 million. Her salary from The Wendy Williams Show alone is a whopping $10 million per year.
For any Updates Keep Visiting Our Website ecthehub.com