Early Life of Shakur Stevenson
Shakur Stevenson, a well-known boxer, was born in the United States on June 28, 1997. a well-known boxer who excels at the featherweight weight class.
After winning a silver medal for the US in the bantamweight division at the 2016 Summer Olympics, he became a professional in February 2017. The zodiac sign of Shakur Stevenson is Cancer, according to astrologers.
The WBO featherweight championship has been held by American professional boxer Ash-Shakur Nafi-Shahid Stevenson since 2019. He was born on June 28, 1997. Stevenson competed in the bantamweight division at the 2016 Summer Olympics for Team USA as an amateur, earning a silver medal.
Under his grandfather Wali’s guidance, he started his boxing instruction.
Stevenson enjoyed great success in his youth, winning both the Summer Youth Olympics and the 2014 AIBA Youth World Championships.
He won the Senior U.S. Olympic Trials in 2015, earning a spot on the American boxing team for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016.
Stevenson finished with a silver medal in Rio after falling to Cuba’s Robeisy Ramrez in the gold medal match. He was the American man to win the most medals (Claressa Shields took home the gold for the women’s team).
|Full Name:||Shakur Stevenson|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
Shakur Stevenson’s Career Trajectory
On February 9, 2017, Stevenson signed a promotional deal with Top Rank, making him a professional. As his manager, he hired Andre Ward. Stevenson eventually defeated American boxer Edgar Brito in his debut match as a professional, showcasing his agility, striking power, and defense.
Stevenson won the fifth round by technical decision. In round 2, Brito had an accidental headbutt that caused a laceration over his left eye. He lost a point for purposefully headbutting Stevenson in round three. Brito’s own deliberate headbutts resulted in a laceration over his right eye.
Finally, the battle was stopped by the ringside doctor. He won every round and had a lead on all three judges’ scorecards.
On the undercard of Crawford vs. Diaz for the world light-welterweight title, Stevenson also made his Madison Square Garden debut.
Carlos Suarez, an Argentine boxer, has been identified as his rival. After 2 minutes and 35 seconds of the first round, Stevenson won the match.
Furthermore, Mexican Oscar Mendoza (4-2, 2 KOs) was officially announced as Stevenson’s challenger by Top Rank on November 20.
The bout would take place on December 9, 2017, at the Madison Square Garden Theater as part of the undercard of Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux.
Furthermore, Juan Tapia is Stevenson’s opponent in his opening match of 2018. The contest was slated to occur on February 16 in the Grand Theater of the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada.
Stevenson overcame Tapia with ease, winning 80-72 according to the scores of the three judges. After that, Stevenson improved his defensive play in the fight by jabbing and working on the body. He expertly utilized the space between them to stop Tapia from landing more than one punch at once.
Records by Shakur Stevenson
Shakur Stevenson can be proud of his undefeated record as of this writing. He has so far competed in 15 professional fights, winning each and every one of them.
His 15 victories included 8 knockouts. He was unbeaten as a junior fighter before his Olympic defeat against Ramirez.
- On January 18, 2019, Stevenson defeated Filipino boxer Jessie Cris Rosales to win the IBH Intercontinental and WBC Continental Americas belts. Nine months later, in Reno, Nevada, he defeated his countryman Joet Gonzalez to claim the WBO featherweight championship.
- The WBO featherweight champion won a 10-round battle over Toka Khan Clary in his most recent contest. 64 body shots and 151 successful punches were landed by him. Only 48 of Clary’s blows connected, which perfectly captures the scenario of his battles inside the ring.
- This match was place at junior lightweight. Stevenson had previously stated his intention to compete in smaller weight classes. The ease with which he defeated Clary suggests that he can also succeed in those weight classes.
- Jajaira Gonzalez is dating Shakur Stevenson. Does Gonzalez strike you as a familiar name? She is Joet Gonzalez’s sister, who Stevenson defeated to win the WBC Featherweight title. Jajaira has won a gold medal at the Youth Olympics and is no stranger to the ring.
- At the Junior World Team Open in 2013, the couple first got to know one another. They didn’t begin communicating frequently until 2015, after Jajaira’s demoralizing loss at the Olympic trials forced her to give up on her Olympic dreams.
- In 2016, Jajaira enlisted in the US Army, but she didn’t put her gloves away. She continues to compete with the US Army boxing squad. She began seeing Stevenson in 2016 and has remained romantically involved with him ever since. Prior to Jajaira Gonzalez, Shakur Stevenson had never dated anyone.
Shakur Stevenson GIRLFRIEND
Jajaira Gonzalez is dating Shakur Stevenson. Does Gonzalez strike you as a familiar name? She is Joet Gonzalez’s sister, who Stevenson defeated to win the WBC Featherweight title. Jajaira has won a gold medal at the Youth Olympics and is no stranger to the ring.
At the Junior World Team Open in 2013, the couple first got to know one another.
They didn’t begin communicating frequently until 2015, after Jajaira’s demoralizing loss at the Olympic trials forced her to give up on her Olympic dreams.
In 2016, Jajaira enlisted in the US Army, but she didn’t put her gloves away. She continues to compete with the US Army boxing squad. She began seeing Stevenson in 2016 and has remained romantically involved with him ever since. Prior to Jajaira Gonzalez, Shakur Stevenson had never dated anyone.
Does Shakur Stevenson have a Girlfriend or Is he Single?
On the basis of his relationship status, he seems to be single. And at the moment, he is focusing on his career. He hasn’t been open about his romances on social media. About his previous relationships and engagements, we don’t have enough details.
Shakur Stevenson’s Net Worth
Shakur Stevenson is one of the richest Boxers & listed on the most popular Boxer. According to our analysis, Wikipedia, Forbes & Business Insider, Shakur Stevenson net worth is approximately $1.5 Million.
|SHAKUR STEVENSON NET WORTH & SALARY|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|Source of Income||Boxer|
|House||Living In Own House.|
For More Any Kind of Information Keep Visiting Our Websites:-www.ecthehub.com