Origins and Early Years
She entered the world on April 9, 1979, in Newark, New Jersey, as Keshia Knight Pulliam. Denise, her manager’s father James, and the three brothers James, Mshon, and Juwan were her primary caregivers as she was developing.
Keshia’s parents signed her up with a local talent agency when she was only five months old, and by the time she was nine months old, she was featured in a national print campaign for Johnson & Johnson.
Before moving to Virginia with her family following the cancellation of “The Cosby Show,” she attended Rutgers Preparatory School.
After the show’s conclusion, she continued her education at Potomac School and Foxcroft School. The Foxcroft High School and Spelman College alumni Knight Pulliam received her Bachelor of Arts in sociology in 2001. When Keshia was a student at Spelman, she joined the Delta Sigma Theta sorority.
The ex-NFL player, Edgerton Hartwell, captured Pulliam’s heart. The couple got engaged in 2015 and eventually tied the knot the following year. However, the marriage tragically ended that same year when they divorced.
In 2017, Pulliam became a mother again, this time to a daughter they named Ella Grace Hartwell.
The judge then ordered Pulliam’s ex-husband to pay child support of $3000 per month. To counter this, Pulliam went to court in 2020 claiming that Hartwell owed her almost $32,000 in child support.
Can Anyone Identify Keshia Knight Pulliam’s Boyfriend?
Brad James, a former U.S. Marine and now one of the most popular actors in Hollywood has been dating Keisha Knight.
Kiesha’s fiance is a successful actor, known for his role as Todd on the critically acclaimed series For Better or Worse. In addition to NCIS: New Orleans, Hart of Dixie, and Underground on television, Brad has worked on the films The Choice, Parental Guidance, Prisoners, and Comeback Dad.
Brad, who is 6 feet tall compared to Keshia’s 5 feet and 12 inch, first saw her in 2019 on the set of Pride and Prejudice: Atlanta. It was at this time when passion between them is thought to have begun. However, they had already met each other on a superficial level.
The little Knight Pulliam began his meteoric journey to fame when he was just eight months old. A Johnson & Johnson print commercial was her first big break. Afterward, a slew of further marketing initiatives were launched.
- When she was only three years old, she made her television debut on the popular children’s show Sesame Street.
- Knight Pulliam’s breakthrough role as Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show with Bill Cosby came in 1984. From September 1984 until April 1992, the show aired on NBC for a total of eight seasons.
- She was considered an Emmy in 1986 for outstanding actress in a comedy series for her work. Back to Next Saturday (1985) and A Different World (1989) both featured return appearances from Rudy Huxtable (1987-88).
- The Last Dragon (1985), directed by Michael Schultz, marked Knight Pulliam’s first cinematic role. She played the lead role in both Polly (1989) and Polly: Comin’ Home! (1990).
- As a celebrity contestant in 2002, Knight Pulliam won both “Fear Factor” and “The Weakest Link.” Her co-star Pooch Hall in the film Christmas at Water’s Edge was also one of her co-stars (2004).
- In subsequent years, she co-starred with Queen Latifah in Beauty Shop (2005) and starred opposite Boris Kodjoe in The Gospel (2005). When Knight Pulliam was ready for her next big break, Tyler Perry cast her as “Miranda Lucas Payne” in his film House of Payne (2007-12).
- Numerous people recognized her for her performance in that part, and she ended up winning three consecutive NAACP Image Awards for best-supporting actress in a comedy series. Madea Goes to Jail co-starred Tyler Perry and her (2009). Death Toll (2010) and Cuttin’ Da Mustard (2008) are also in her filmography (2008).
- In the 2010 episode of Psych titled “The Polarizing Express,” Knight Pulliam appeared as a guest star. She has acted in such TV movies as The Love Letter (2013) and Will to Love (2012). (2015).
- In addition, she competed on season 7 of NBC’s The Apprentice (2015). In 2018, Knight Pulliam made her television return as a houseguest on the reality show Celebrity Big Brother.
- Others in the star-studded cast include Marissa Jaret Winokur, Mark McGrath, and Metta World Peace. The first episode of Celebrity Big Brother debuted on CBS on February 7, 2018.
After the cancellation of The Cosby Show in 1992, Knight Pulliam and her family moved to Virginia, where she completed her education at the Potomac School in McLean and the Foxcroft School in Middleburg.
She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Spelman in 2001. She is an active member of the Eta Kappa chapter of Delta Sigma Theta.
Dating, a Husband, and Children are Part of My Personal Life
In 2015 on New Year’s Eve, Knight Pulliam wed Edgerton Hartwell, a former NFL player. Their wedding took place in Knight Pulliam’s Atlanta apartment on January 2, 2016. Hartwell initiated divorce proceedings on July 25th, 2016.
Knight Pulliam’s daughter, Ella Grace Hartwell, was born on January 23 of this year. With the divorce concluded in April 2018, Knight Pulliam was awarded primary custody of Ella and Hartwell was ordered to pay $3,000 per month for child care.
In December 2020, she proposed to actor Brad James. On the set of Pride and Prejudice: Atlanta, Knight Pulliam and James hit it off and started dating that year (2019).
For Any Updates Keep Visiting Our Website ecthehub.com