Len Goodman’s Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$18 Million|
|Born:||April 25, 1944|
|Height:||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Former Professional Dancer|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Bethnal Green is a neighborhood in East London, England, where Len Goodman was born on April 25, 1944.
|Real Name:||Leonard Gordon Goodman|
|Birthday:||April 25, 1944|
|Age:||78 Years Old|
|Place of Birth:||Bromley, England|
|Height:||6ft 0in (183 cm)|
|Occupation:||Dancer, TV Show Host|
|Net Worth:||US $12 Million|
|Marriage(s):||Cherry Kingston, Sue Barrett|
As a little boy of six, he relocated to Blackfen, a district of London. Subsequently, he enrolled at Falconwood’s Westwood Secondary Modern School. Goodman was a member of the cricket squad at that school.
Starting a Dancing Career
Goodman had a later start in the dance world than the majority of other professional dancers. He didn’t get his start in the industry until he was 19 when his doctor prescribed dance to help heal a foot injury.
Fortunately, Goodman went on to win more championships in his professional career thanks to this break. After Goodman won the British Championships in his late 20s, he decided to call it quits as a dancer.
MUST BE READ: How Much Spike Lee Net Worth? How Much Has This Person Made In 2022??
Len Goodman’s Professional Career
Goodman spent some time as a welder trainee at Harland and Wolff before he started dancing professionally.
At the age of 19, after getting hurt playing soccer, he decided to give dance a try. Goodman quickly turned professional and went on to dominate a wide variety of tournaments. In Dartford, Kent, he runs a ballroom dancing academy.
- Strictly Come Dancing is a British reality dance show, and in 2004, Goodman was named the show’s lead judge.
- The show debuted on BBC One and is now in its fourteenth season. Judges Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli have been there the longest. Beginning in 2005, Goodman was a regular participant on the hit ABC show Dancing with the Stars.
- At the end of the show’s 23rd season in December 2016, he plans to call it quits. Secrets from the Clink (2014) and Holiday of My Lifetime (both 2015) are two more television shows that feature her work (2014-16).
- Goodman’s numerous contributions to the field of dance have earned him multiple Carl Alan Awards. He was nominated for an Emmy twice, in 2006 and 2007, both times for Outstanding Reality/Competition Program.
MUST BE READ: Tamar Braxton Net Worth: A Closer Look Into Her Profession Life, Career, & Lifestyle in 2022!
There were times when Goodman filled in for Paul O’Grady on BBC Radio 2’s Sunday afternoon music program.
From 2013 to 2018 he was a regular guest on the show. Subsequently, in 2021, Goodman hosted many Bank Holiday specials for Boom Radio.
Personal History of Len Goodman
In 1972, Goodman wed Cherry Kingston; the couple separated in 1987. After that, he committed to Lesley and the two had a son named John.
John came back in with his mom when his parents Goodman and Lesley finally split up. Goodman married his longtime partner, a dance teacher named Sue Barrett, in 2012.
Here are some of the best highlights of Len Goodman’s career:
- Strictly Come Dancing (Dance Show, 2004 – 2016)
- Dancing With the Stars (Dance Show, 2005-)
- The Weakest Link (2006)