Early Life of Tamar Braxton
Tamar Braxton was born on March 17, 1977, to parents Michael and Evelyn Braxton in Severn, Maryland. Tamar Braxton is the youngest of the family members.
In 1996, Tamar Braxton, Trina, and Towanda returned with a brand new album titled So Many Ways. This album reached the high position of #26 on the Billboard 200.
|Net Worth||$51 Million|
|Full Name||Tamar Estine Braxton|
|Age||45 years old|
|Profession||Singer and TV Personality|
|Date Of Birth||17 March 1977|
|Birthplace||Severn, Maryland, United States|
|Spouse||Vincent Herbert (2008- 2019)|
In 2010, Tamar Braxton signed with Universal Records and by July of that year, her single “The Heart in Me” had been released on the Adidas 2: The Music compilation. During New York Fashion Week, Tamar Braxton walked the runway for the “Front Row Couture” line presented by “ELLE/Style360”
Tamar Braxton publicly signed with Epic Records in March 2013, just before releasing her second album, Love and War.
With the launch of their syndicated daytime talk show, The Real in 2013, Adrienne Bailon and Tamar Braxton became co-hosts. Tamar Braxton was a contestant on the second season of the American reality TV show Celebrity Big Brother in 2019.
Private Life of Toni Braxton
Singer Toni Braxton wed her first spouse, music producer Darrell Allamby, in 2001. After finally meeting in 2000, they worked together on her first record. Separation papers were filed in 2003.
Later that year, Tamar started dating Vincent Herbert, an executive at a musical label. They were introduced by her older sister, Toni Braxton. Tamar and Vincent tied the knot at the end of November 2008.
They welcomed a son, Logan Vincent Herbert, in 2013. Tamar and Vincent finalized their divorce in the summer of 2019. Braxton disclosed her vitiligo diagnosis on an episode of “The Real.”
On the 10th of November, 2015, Braxton learned that she had many pulmonary emboli. Her illness prevented her from continuing on “Dancing with the Stars.”
David Adefeso, a certified financial planner, is Braxton’s current boyfriend. Braxton and her ex-husband Vincent Herbert’s child is trying to return there for safety.
On July 16, 2020, Adefeso found a “lifeless” Tamar passed out in her downtown Los Angeles condo. She posted a long statement on Instagram in which she claimed that the demands of “Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life!” were “excessive and unrealistic.” A hospital was where Tamar ended up after the incident.
Professional Career of his Life
Toni, Traci, Towanda, Trina, and Tamar Braxton quickly attracted the attention of musical labels, and in 1989, they secured their first deal with Arista Records.
The next year, they released their debut single, Good Life, which became an instant hit. The Braxtons’ contract with Arista Records was terminated after the single’s release because of difficulties the label had promoting the group due to the disparity in age of its members.
- Toni Braxton, Tamar’s older sister, was found by a music producer at a gas station in 1991, and the two sisters were introduced L.A. Reid and “Babyface” Edmonds, two big producers at the time. The producers were getting ready to release their first album on their company, LaFace Records.
- Toni Braxton was offered a recording contract, but her sisters were brought in as backing vocalists instead.
- When Tamar and her sisters initially started making music together in 1996, they put out their debut album. After then, in 2000, Tamar released her first album as a solo artist. After the album’s massive failure, her record deal with Dreamworks was terminated.
- Tamar joined her sister on stage once she started singing backing on her CD. In 2010, she began making appearances on the TV show Tiny and Toya after obtaining a record deal with Universal Records.
- Tamar and her family made their television debut the following year on a show called Braxton Family Values. Tamar and her second husband Vincent became the subjects of a spin-off reality show on WE TV in 2012.
- Dancing with the Stars featured Tamar Braxton and Valentin Chmerkovskiy in a dance-off. Braxton had to leave the dance competition due to health problems; she and Chmerkovskiy ultimately placed sixth. After a lengthy hiatus, in 2013, Tamar Braxton returned with the release of her second solo studio album, Love and War, which debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200.
- Her fourth album, Calling All Lovers, was released in 2015, and her fifth, Bluebird of Happiness, was released in 2017. (2017). Songs like “Love and War,” “All the Way Home,” “The One,” and “More” are among Braxton’s most well-known works.
- For the second season of the American reality TV spin-off series Celebrity Big Brother in 2019, Tamar was a contestant. Braxton took the helm as presenter of the VH1 reality show To Catch A Beautician in the following June.
Awards & Recognititon
Since she was a little girl, Tamar Braxton has been making a living in the music industry. For her hits “Love and War” and “If I Don’t Have You,” Braxton was nominated for three Grammy Awards and one BET Award in 2013. She was also named “Best R&B/Soul Female Artist” by Soul Train.
She was a co-host on the syndicated daytime talk show The Real from 2013 to 2016, for which she was nominated twice for a Daytime Emmy.
In season two of the American version of Celebrity Big Brother, Braxton made history by being the first person of African descent to win the competition.