The Breakup Between Florence Pugh and Zach Braff Is Officially Confirmed.
In a new interview for the September 2022 cover story of Harper’s BAZAAR, Florence Pugh announced that she and Zach Braff, with whom she had been romantically associated since 2019, had broken up.
The couple, who were known to be one of Hollywood’s most discreet couples, broke up earlier this year.
It’s a relationship that everyone has an opinion on, so we’ve been trying to conduct this separation in secret, Pugh tells BAZAAR.
“We just thought that this would help us avoid hearing from a large number of people that they are relieved we are no longer a couple. In any case, we’ve finished the task. When I try to talk about it, my throat gets lumpy.”
Why did Florence Pugh and Zach Braff Break Up After 3 years of Dating?
Florence told Harper’s Bazaar’s Icons Issue interviewer that she and Zach broke up this year. They had been together since 2019. The relationship “has been one that everybody has an opinion on,” so they’ve been attempting to end it in private, she explained.
- It’s natural that the Little Women actress would like to keep the separation quiet. Many on the internet expressed their disapproval of Florence Pugh and Zach Braff’s relationship when they found out about the 21-year age difference between them (Zach is 47 and Florence is 26).
- We thought it would be best for both of us if millions of people didn’t have to tell us how glad they are that we’re not together, so we came up with this idea. “Okay, we’ve finished it,” she declared. When I try to talk about it, my throat gets lumpy.
- Florence has spoken out against the paparazzi and the media’s role in presenting every part of the life of celebrities for public consumption, calling them “cruel and invasive.”
- “Whenever I feel like that line has been crossed in my life, whether it’s paparazzi taking private moments or moments that aren’t even real, or gossip channels that encourage members of the public to share private moments of famous people walking down the street, I think it’s incredibly wrong,” she said. I disagree with the idea that persons in this line of work should be subject to constant scrutiny and reporting. The answer is no, we haven’t joined a reality program.
- A Good Person, the upcoming film in which the Black Widow star and Zach both appear, was described by the actress as “genuinely… one of my most favorite experiences.” According to Harper’s Bazaar, Zach penned the screenplay with Florence in mind. “It was incredibly simple and seemed natural,” she reflected.
- Florence further spoke up about her developing confidence in her work and the sorts of women she likes to depict. (ICYMI: In September, Florence will portray the determined and loyal Alice Chambers in Olivia Wilde’s Don’t Worry Darling with Harry Styles.)
- Florence also mentioned her recent Valentino dress scandal, and the “aggravated” social media response to her being “comfortable with [her] modest breasts.”
- “It was almost disturbing, how agitated [people] were,” she added. They wanted me to know that they hated that I was self-assured and that they would never w*nk over me, and they were really unhappy about it. Well, don’t.” We applaud Florence Pugh for not letting others’ assumptions about her shape her decisions.