Hollywood Couple Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Have Officially Announced Their Separation.
The months-long speculation that the marriage of the A-list couple was in trouble came to a head earlier this week when multiple sources reported that the couple would soon announce their separation.
Michael, 68, and Catherine, 43, have not been seen on a red carpet or vacation together in public for four months.
Michael fought throat cancer in 2011 (which he controversially claimed he contracted through performing oral sex) and Catherine went through two highly publicized stints in a treatment facility for bipolar disorder shortly thereafter, so they have certainly been through a lot in recent years.
During the year 2000, the couple tied the knot in a grand ceremony at the Plaza Hotel in New York City. They’re parents to Dylan, 13, and Carys, 10.
After Michael Douglas admitted to having orofacial sex, Catherine Zeta-Jones called it quits.
It seems that Michael Douglas’s admission that he contracted throat cancer as a result of oral sex was the final straw for Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Yesterday, the Hollywood couple announced they would be splitting up after 13 years together in order to “evaluate and work on their marriage.” According to reports, Catherine was pushing for the split after Michael’s revelation that the HPV virus—which is spread through oral sexual contact—was the cause of his cancer.
- It’s embarrassing that the 68-year-old actor didn’t reveal that he had HIV before he met his wife. The Sun claims, “From then, things only got worse.” No, you don’t say.
- Catherine’s bipolar II disease has caused her to seek treatment for depression on two separate occasions, most recently in May.
- This is in addition to the Douglases’ struggle with cancer, which he won in 2011. It is believed that the couple began living apart sometime before the end of that month, but they officially decided to break up at the month’s conclusion.
- ‘We have not seen much of Michael here with Catherine for almost 18 months,’ a neighbor of theirs in Bedford, Connecticut told The Sun.
- It seems like most of his pals live in the Big Apple. She prefers rural life and country pursuits, whereas he prefers urban life and sports like golf and horseback riding. In other words, they may be compared to chalk and cheese.
- Michael, whose kids with Catherine are named Dylan and Carys, is presently traveling independently around Europe. After meeting Catherine at the 1998 Deauville Film Festival in France, he was seen yesterday looking introspective while on a friend’s yacht off the coast of Sardinia.
Catherine Zeta-Jones reportedly blames Michael Douglas’s smoking for the strain on her marriage to her.
Even though Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas got back together earlier this year, the rumors of difficulties in their relationship persist.
Word on the street has it that lately, Douglas underwent a life-altering operation to remove cancer from his throat and tongue. Douglas blamed Jones, who is rumored to be HPV positive, for his condition.
- According to the sources, Jones is having a difficult time giving up smokes but has successfully given up alcohol. Jones’s stated mental difficulties may be under control, but Michael still has reason to be concerned since he does not want Jones to have to endure treatment for throat or tongue cancer.
- They have two children together, Dylan, 13, and Carys, 11, and despite the rumored marital issues, he recently stated in an interview that his parenting abilities had improved with age.
- “There are advantages to being a more seasoned parent. There aren’t many people my age who are raising children. It’s fine for men to start families in their 50s; I’m not advocating for anyone to go to my extreme on this “According to the Belfast Telegraph, Michael Douglas claimed that his wife died of cancer because he smoked too much after their divorce.
- “Ambition is king while one is young. Having healthy, happy children requires a significant time investment, and I worry that some parents try to juggle too many responsibilities “In addition, he remarked.
- Along with problems with his younger son, Cameron Douglas, Douglas also has issues with his older son. Douglas’s ex-wife, Diandra Luker, gave birth to their son, Cameron. Addiction to drugs appears to be a concern for Cameron. He pleaded guilty to narcotics trafficking and possession charges and is now incarcerated.
- “As a piece of advice to other parents, Douglas said, “If you feel your kids need help, take action quickly,” adding, “If you’re talking about drug difficulties, you do anything you can before they become 18.” Any means necessary. Please don’t think twice.”
- “Once they reach the age of majority, you will no longer have any say in their lives. It doesn’t matter how challenging it is; if it appears to be an actual problem, you nearly have to overcompensate “actor’s addition