What Is Macaulay Culkin’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth:||$18 Million|
|Born:||August 26, 1980|
|Height:||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actor|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
The Early Life of Macaulay Culkin
New York City is where Macaulay Carson Culkin’s birth occurred on August 26th, 1980. His famous actor father is Christopher Culkin. Patricia Brentrup was never married to his father, and he never met him.
Thomas Babington Macaulay is honored with the naming of his namesake, Macaulay. Culkin is the youngest of seven kids; several of his siblings have followed in his footsteps as performers. Culkin spent five years at St. Joseph’s Institution of Yorkville, a Catholic school, before enrolling at the Professional Children’s School.
Relationships, Girlfriend, and Other Family-Related Topics
Patricia Brentrup, Macaulay Culkin’s mom, is an actress.
There are seven other people who share his life. Kieran Culkin, Shane Culkin, Rory Culkin, and Christian Culkin are his brothers. A trio of actresses named Dakota, Jennifer, and Quinn Culkin are his sisters.
- Macaulay Culkin’s rumored girlfriend at the moment is Brenda Song. On April 5, 2021, he and his partner had a son, which they named Dakota Song Culkin. Previously, Macaulay was married to Rachel Miner from 1998 to 2002, but the couple divorced after splitting up in 2000.
- Culkin became well-known to the public as the actor who dated Mila Kunis. In May of 2002, they started dating.
- It turned out, though, that Culkin and Kunis had already separated and divorced. They broke up a few months ago, but as the statement goes, “the separation was amicable and they remain close friends.” Since 2013, Culkin has called Paris his home.
Professional Career of His Life
At the outset of his career, Macaulay Culkin appeared in a variety of modest parts in both theatrical and film projects, including made-for-TV films. In 1989, he co-starred alongside John Candy in the film Uncle Buck, directed by John Hughes.
- Culkin’s breakthrough role came as Kevin McCallister in the 1990 film. For his performance in the film, Culkin received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor and American Comedy Award and Young Artist Award wins. The next year, “Wish Kid” debuted as a Saturday morning animation. Culkin played the lead role.
- He hosted Saturday Night Live and appeared in Michael Jackson’s Black or White music video. He then co-starred with Anna Chlumsky in the 1991 film My Girl. Culkin was paid $4.5 million to reprise the role of Kevin in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
- The original Home Alone movie barely netted him $110,000. In 1993’s The Good Son, in which he portrayed Henry, Culkin experienced this. It had all the makings of a dramatic thriller. As a result of his work, he was nominated for an MTV Movie Award in the category of Best Villain.
Acting as a Career
To get back into acting, Culkin appeared in a music video for Sonic Youth’s “Sunday” in 1998. Two years later, he portrayed the title character in the London production of Madame Melville on the West End.
- In Party Monster, released in 2003, Culkin took a part as a drug addict and killer named Michael Alig. After that, he got a brief role in Saved!, starring Jena Malone and Mandy Moore.
- Culkin’s acting in the film was lauded, and the film became an unexpected smash. Seth Green cast him in the role of the robot’s voice actor because of his performance on Robot Chicken. Culkin released a memoir called Junior in 2006 that was inspired in part by his own experiences. It discussed his not-so-great relationship with his father and his rise to fame.
- Culkin’s first film since Saved! was the autumn 2007 comedy Sex and Breakfast. The following was a TV series with thirteen episodes titled “Kings.” Culkin played a leading role. In 2011, Adam Green cast Culkin in his film The Wrong Ferarri. The whole film was shot using an iPhone.
- This is how it was constructed: In December of 2013, he uploaded a video to YouTube showing himself eating cheese pizza, and it quickly gained millions of views. The video was meant to be mocking of the scene in 66 Scenes from America where Andy Warhol eats a Whopper at Burger King.
Here are some of the best highlights from Macaulay Culkin’s career:
- Home Alone (Movie, 1990)
- My Girl (Movie, 1991)
- American Comedy Awards (Funniest Actor in a Motion Picture, 1991) – Won
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)
- The Nutcracker (Movie, 1993)
- Kids Choice Awards (Favorite Movie Actor, 1993) – Won
- Party Monster (Movie, 2003)
- Saved! (Movie, 2004)
- Adam Green’s Aladdin (Movie, 2015)
- Changeland (Movie, 2018)