A lot may be said about Pam Hupp’s life. She posed as Betsy Faria’s best friend to achieve a frightening purpose. The plan was to murder Betsy and collect the $150,000 life insurance payout in Pam’s name.
Hupp went to great lengths to make it appear like Betsy’s husband, Russ, had committed the murder. She may have murdered both her mother and a guy she had previously employed to frame Russ for murder. She is one of the coldest-blooded female assassins in history, in our opinion.
Just Where Is Pam Hupp at This Time?
The good news is that justice will be done. Hupp has been incarcerated in the Chillicothe Correctional Center in Missouri since August of this year, where she is serving a life sentence without the possibility of release.
Despite this, she did not spend time behind bars for Betsy’s murder. It was another guy, Louis Gumpenberger, whose death sentence she is currently serving.
She enlisted Louis, a guy with mental and physical problems, to play the role of a fictional hitman in an elaborate scheme to shift suspicion away from herself and onto Russ.
What do You Need to Know Before Watching “The Thing About Pam” on NBC?
The Thing About Pam is a real crime miniseries coming to NBC in early March. Renée Zellweger plays as Pam in the six-part series alongside Josh Duhamel as defense attorney Joel Schwartz, Judy Greer as prosecutor Leah Askey, Katy Mixon as Betsy Faria, and Glenn Fleshler as the judge (Russ Faria).
- Betsy goes missing in a tiny town in Missouri, and each episode details what transpired when local authorities don’t do their job and investigate the case thoroughly. With too many unresolved issues, the door has been opened for additional inquiry into Pam’s link to Betsy’s death.
- The mystery of what happened to Pam’s mother has also become a heated topic of discourse with new revelations rising to the surface.
- The police determined that Pam’s mother’s reported fall from a third-story balcony was an accident. In retrospect, however, many have questioned whether or not it was truly an accident, given the manner in which the balcony shattered and the energy that would have been required to do it.
- The Thing About Pam debuts on Tuesday, March 8 on NBC, and will be available for streaming on Peacock the following day.
- Dateline’s 2019 podcast series of the same name, anchored by the one and only Keith Morrison, is another great way to get caught up on the investigation.
- Police first regarded Pam to be a star witness in the Betsy Faria case because they incorrectly suspected Betsy’s husband of murder and failed to adequately investigate the matter. Although first found guilty, Russ’s conviction was later reversed and he was exonerated; however, this took place after he had already spent several years in prison.