Harris Kimberley Faulkner (born October 13, 1965) is an American newscaster and TV personality who has worked for Fox News Channel since 2005. She is the face of two successful programs: Outnumbered and The Faulkner Focus, which airs weekday mornings and afternoons.
Moreover, she hosts Town Hall America with Harris Faulkner, a prominent political talk show. In 2005 alone, she won awards for Best Newscaster and Best News Special at the Emmys, giving her a total of six.
Faulkner was born in Fort McPherson, Atlanta, Georgia on October 13. Her father, retired Lieutenant Colonel Bob Harris, was an Army officer and Army Aviator who spent time at the base when she was growing up.
Previously, he had served in Vietnam on three separate occasions. While still a youngster, Faulkner’s family relocated frequently; one of their destinations was in Stuttgart, West Germany.
Harris Faulkner’s Professional Career
Harris began her career as a freelance journalist for LA Weekly. Harris began working for KCOP-TV in Los Angeles as an intern.
There were several small tasks assigned to her when she initially arrived in Greenville, North Carolina. Soon after, she became an anchor reporter for WNCT TV.
Harris was the anchor of her own Fox Report Weekend show until 2022 when she decided to leave the network. She covered the midterm elections in 2018.
Faulkner took up hosting duties for Overtime earlier this year. This program focused more on hard news than discussion. At the start of 2022, Harris published The Faulkner Focus.
What Is Harris Faulkner’s Illness?
Harris Faulkner has not said whether she suffers from any illness as of 2021. In 2020, however, she went public with her mother’s illness on a Coronavirus Service Programme called We’re In This Together.
In 2016, she disclosed, her mother was battling lung cancer and she was worried about taking care of her.
Together with other well-known journalists including Anderson Cooper, Lester Holt, and Sanjay Gupta, she helped those in need after the earthquake in Nepal.
Harris claims that the way to personal fulfillment is through service to others. One of the most effective methods for doing so is to establish personal connections with members of the intended audience and show that you care about them.
Possible Health Problems for Harris Faulkner in 2022?
Harris is an upbeat and healthy lady despite her worries. She hasn’t indicated any major health issues as of now. She has also witnessed close relatives struggle with terminal diseases.
As a member of the media, it is her responsibility to always appear cheerful and confident in front of the lens, regardless of how she may be feeling on the inside.
- As expected, she followed through on her promise. Hearing reports that Harris Faulkner was ailing led many to fear that he was cancer. The reality, however, is quite different. Cancer took the lives of Harris Faulkner’s mother and aunt, despite Faulkner’s best efforts to maintain her own health.
- In 2016, the tragic news that Faulkner’s mother had been stricken with terminal cancer was revealed. She broke the news to Survivor Net that her mother’s lung and kidney cancer had spread and that her mother’s time was running out.
- Her mom had tried everything to save her life, but her condition was too much. It was on Thanksgiving when Harris had to say goodbye to her mother.
- That same year, her aunt also succumbed to breast cancer. To commemorate her, Faulkner walked 39 miles to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research.
- What happened to her was so horrific that it changed her forever. Harris will never forget her mother’s loving words and deeds, even if she lost her struggle with sickness. She remembers her mother’s kind heart and selfless personality with great affection.
How About Harris Faulkner? Does He Have Cancer?
Harris Faulkner has always been there for his cancer patients and their loved ones. Her mother Shirley lost her battle with cancer, so she has some idea of what it’s like for a loved one to deal with the disease.
She is quite active in several NGO projects. In 1998, she was honored with the Amelia Earhart Pioneering Lifetime Achievement Award for her many efforts on behalf of others.