Young Age, Education, and Young Career
Hollywood was born in Wallasey, Cheshire, in 1966. His parents are bakery owner John F. Hollywood and Gillian M. Hollywood (nee Harman).
Prior to working in other bakeries on Merseyside, he originally worked at his father’s York bakery, which served as the corporate office for a network of bakeries known as Bread Winner that eventually spanned all the way down the east coast from Aberdeen to Lincolnshire.
Later, he rose to the position of head baker at several hotels, including The Dorchester, Chester Grosvenor and Spa, and the Cliveden Hotel. After that, he traveled to Cyprus and began working at two resorts there.
Hollywood first met Alexandra, his ex-wife, in Cyprus, where she worked as a scuba instructor and he was the head baker at a five-star hotel.
- They later got married on the island.
- They have a son.
- After having an affair with his fellow judge for The American Baking Competition, Marcela Valladolid, Hollywood divorced Alexandra in 2013.
- Later, they made amends, but in November 2017, they broke up once more.In July 2019, they got divorced. After dating Summer Monteys-Fullam for two years, Hollywood broke up with her in August 2019.
Does Paul Hollywood have a wife?
Previously, the GBBO judge was wed to ex-wife Alexandra Hollywood.
They both lived in Cyprus at the time the couple met, and they got married in 1998, barely two years later.
- We fell in love really immediately,” Alex said to the Daily Mail of their first encounter. We both understood that all it required was two weeks.
- Paul was great, and he made me the best pastries for breakfast. I want to see a woman who doesn’t enjoy chocolate.
- After returning to the UK in 1999, the couple welcomed son Joshua in 2001.
- The baker reportedly had an affair with Marcela Valladolid, his co-star in the American Baking Competition, which tragically brought their whirlwind relationship to an end for the first time in 2013.
- Marcela, who called him a “handsome devil,” reportedly “dazzled” him.
- After coming back to the UK from the States, he quickly vacated the family home, leaving Alex inconsolable and saying there was “no going back.”
- It’s my fault, Paul admitted. The events that have occurred make me very sad. I’m really sorry about it and the effects it had on the family.
- Paul and Alex began discussing a reconciliation in October after Alex came clean about having an affair in front of their son.
- I did have an affair with my co-judge in America, and it was the biggest mistake of my life because I still adore my wife, he admitted.
- In 2017, when Paul began dating bartender Summer Monteys-Fullam, who was then 23 years old, the couple sadly split up once more.
- Alex reportedly reached her breaking point after this, with a source telling The Sun that she had “given up” on their romance because the trust had “totally gone.”
- “She thinks his fame has altered him. He is not the same man she fell in love with all those years ago, the insider claimed.