Early life of Big Scarr
Alexander Woods, better known by his stage name Big Scarr, was an American rapper who was born on April 7, 2000 and died on December 22, 2022. He was signed to Gucci Mane’s 1017 Records. His song “SoIcyBoyz,” which features Pooh Shiesty, Foogiano, and Tay Keith, was the one that got him the most attention.
On April 16, 2021, he put out his first mixtape, Big Grim Reaper. The tape peaked on the Billboard 200 at number 25.
What Caused Big Scarr’s Death?
Reports of Big Scarr’s death haven’t said what caused it, so it’s possible that more information about his death will come out in the days to come. It’s also not clear exactly when the rapper died.
Big Scarr had a close call with death in 2020 when he was shot in the hip and the bullet went all the way through to his spine.
According to an article in Revolt, Big Scarr’s internal injuries were so bad that doctors had to remove his appendix and realign his right leg.
Big Scarr, who was born Alexander Woods, was also in a near-fatal car accident when he was 16. He was thrown through the windshield of a friend’s car.
Personal Life and Death
In a 2022 interview with Our Generation Music, Big Scarr said that his father was his best friend.
In 2020, he was shot in the hip. The bullet went up to his spine, and Big Scarr had to have his appendix removed and his right leg put back into place.
Family members say that Big Scarr died on December 22, 2022, from an accidental drug overdose at age 22.
Professional Career of his life
Big Scarr didn’t like rap music at first, but his friend and fellow artist Baby K got him interested in it. In 2019, he put out his first song, “Make a Play,” which was watched 50,000 times on YouTube.
- He remembers that his first song cost $20 to record and that the music video cost $200. In 2020, he signed with Gucci Mane’s record label, 1017 Records, which was part of Atlantic Records.
- In 2021, he put out a song called “SoIcyBoyz” with his cousin Pooh Shiesty and an American rapper named Foogiano. He has also written “SoIcyBoyz 2” and “SoIcyBoyz 3,” which are the next two books in the series.
- In the second and third installments, producer Tay Keith is featured, and in the third installment, Gucci Mane is featured.
- Big Grim Reaper, Big Scarr’s first mixtape, came out on April 16, 2021. It peaked at number 25 on the Billboard 200 chart and sold 22,000 copies in its first week. This got Big Scarr his first song to be on the charts. Rappers Gucci Mane, Pooh Shiesty, Foogiano, Tay Keith, Enchanting, and Baby K all made appearances on the mixtape.
- In February 2022, he put out the deluxe version of his mixtape Big Grim Reaper. It was called Big Grim Reaper: The Return, and rappers Offset, Gucci Mane, and Queez Ruthless all made appearances on it.
- In June 2022, he was chosen as a member of the 2022 XXL Freshman class. He performed his freestyle in a cypher with rappers Nardo Wick, KenTheMan, and Big30. In December 2022, it was announced that he would be a special guest on the Glockoma Tour by American rapper Key Glock.
Big Scarr Got His Start in Hip-Hop in The Year 2020.
Big Scarr became well-known after Gucci Mane’s label, 1017 Records, signed him in 2020. After that, he was on a few 1017 compilation albums and started to get known, whether he was working with someone else on a track or getting a chance to show off his skills on his own.
“Big Grim Reaper” was his first and only official mixtape. It came out in 2021 and was well-received by both critics and fans.
“Poppin’,” which was on the mix tape, was probably Big Scarr’s most famous solo song, but his career was all too short.
Big Scarr’s future in the industry looked good, even though he was only 22 years old. Even though he didn’t make as much music in 2022 as he had in the past few years, many people in the hip-hop world and those who follow it closely kept an eye on him. Fans will now have to try to figure out why his life was cut short.