Was there any doubt that Kenny Braasch and Mari Pepin were meant to be together after that “messy” body taco date? All season long, this pair was one of the cutest couples on the Bachelor in Paradise beach. Even after a short but intense love triangle put their relationship to the test, these two seemed like proof that you can totally find true love on TV.
And at the end of last night’s season, Kenny asked Mari to marry him, and she said yes.
So, did their relationship last after the movie was made? If you want to know where Kenny and Mari are now, social media will tell you everything you need to know.
Here’s everything you need to know about how things got “complicated” and where they are now.
Who is Kenny Braasch?
Kenny Braasch, a 40-year-old boy band manager from Chicago, Illinois, competed with Clare Crawley and Tayshia Adams on season 16 of The Bachelorette. He was eliminated in week 7. Before he was kicked off, Kenny was one of the contestants who spoke out the most against Clare and her winner, Dale Moss, whom she left the show for in the middle of the season.
The Bachelor with Matt James’ 25th season featured Mari, a marketing director from Odenton, Maryland. She was dismissed after week four. Before relocating to Severn, Maryland, Mari, whose full name is Mariela, was born in Luquillo, Puerto Rico. She was a top 10 finalist in the 2017 Miss World America competition as well as the 2019 Miss Maryland, 2014 Miss Maryland Teen USA, and 2014 Miss Maryland.
According to her Linkedin profile, she is currently the marketing director at Maryland Plastic Surgery & Pure MedSpa in Glen Burnie, Maryland. Prior to that, she worked as a social media, marketing, and events coordinator for Lash Moi as well as a program organizer for Make a Veteran Smile.
In 2018, she earned a bachelor’s degree in communication studies from Townson University. She belonged to the Pi Kappa Delta sorority as well. Additionally, she earned a master of science in marketing intelligence from Townson University in 2021.
READ MORE: Dorothy Jo Gideon Cause of Death: What Happened To Bob Barker’s Wife?
After Bachelor in Paradise, Are Kenny and Mari Now Married?
Kenny Braasch, who was on season 16 of The Bachelorette with Clare Crawley and Tayshia Adams, and Mari Pepin, who was on season 25 of The Bachelor with Matt James, were two of the 23 original contestants who arrived on day one of Bachelor in Paradise season 7. Kenny and Mari are 15 years apart in age, but they got together on the first day.
Kenny and Mari’s relationship was put to the test when Demi Burnett showed up. Demi Burnett was a contestant on The Bachelor season 23 with Colton Underwood and season 6 of Bachelor in Paradise. After Demi got there, Kenny and Mari made out and slept together in the Boom Boom Room, which led to a love triangle between them and Mari.
After “Bachelor in Paradise,” Kenny Braasch and Mari Pepin-Solis Are Still Together.
Kenny Braasch and Mari Pepin-Solis made it clear after the end of the show that they are still together. Kenny shared a post from Mari on his Instagram with the words “There’s something about Mari” and a heart.
And Mari shared a similar post with the words “Engaged AF” and a few heart emojis as the caption. To be honest, we’re not that shocked. During the airing of Bachelor in Paradise, they both shared romantic photos of each other, so it was always clear that they were at least on good terms.
READ MORE: Liv Morgan Married to Bo Dallas and Have They Married Each Other?
- But it’s clear that Kenny Braasch and Mari Pepin-Solis are still together because they both shared photos of each other and Mari showed off her beautiful new ring.
- Mari broke up with Kenny when she found out that he and Demi had slept together in the Boom Boom Room. Kenny kept dating Demi. But in week 3, Mari told Kenny that she still cared about him. This forced Kenny to choose between her and Demi. In the end, Kenny chose Mari and gave his rose to her at the third rose ceremony, which led to Demi’s elimination in week 3.
- Kenny and Mari went on their first date in week 4. In week 5, they were tested again because Kenny had told Mari that he was worried that the spark between them might have gone out. Kenny and Mari did get back on track, though.
- Kenny asked Mari to marry him at the end of season 7 of Bachelor in Paradise, and she said yes. This also means that Kenny and Mari are one of the three couples who got engaged in the finale. Click here to find out who else got married on season 7 of Bachelor in Paradise.
- In Season 7 of Bachelor in Paradise, three couples get engaged. Mari and Kenny have by far the most trouble during the show than the other two couples. Mari Pepin-Solis tells Kenny early on that she still wants to be available for a date, which makes Kenny look for other options.
- He begins a relationship with Demi, and then Tia asks him out on a date. Both of the girls seem interested in him, but Mari is sorry she talked to Kenny. Demi gives Kenny his rose after they’ve been in the boom boom room for a while, but Mari isn’t happy about it. At that point, it seemed like there was no way for them to get back together.
- But Mari Pepin-Solis eventually pulls Kenny aside to tell him that she still has feelings for him and that she needed to see him with someone else to realize how strong those feelings were.
- From then on, Kenny broke up with Demi, and he and Mari Pepin-Solis got along pretty well. Since there isn’t much drama between them, we don’t really see their relationship grow on screen. Kenny and Mari don’t get much screen time until the last episodes, when all the winning couples say “I love you” and talk about their relationships.
Mari and Kenny Were Together for Christmas 2021.
Mari and Kenny posted a bunch of photos of themselves together on Instagram two months after the end of their season. Mari, in particular, put up a lot of different posts, like when she told Kenny one week before Christmas that she loved him “snow much.” She even put up a bunch of professional photos of the couple taken before the holiday.