The usage of dark mode in apps peaked in 2019. Almost every other software developer was concentrating on implementing dark mode for their products. The transition to the dark side has become much easier when Android and iOS introduced system-wide dark themes. But if there’s one app that defied industry convention, it’s got to be Snapchat.
The popular photo-focused messaging app that many people use to keep up Snap Streaks with pals has finally introduced dark mode on iOS, with Android compatibility still expected to follow soon. We’ll walk you through the process of turning on Snapchat’s dark mode today. Let’s start by agreeing that cell phones’ dark mode is a fantastic feature.
mostly because it aids consumers in minimizing the glare from gadgets when using a screen all day. Your device’s bright or harsh blue light may even strain your eyes and prevent you from falling asleep. Furthermore, having a massive, cool, bright smartphone pointed directly in your face while it’s dark outside or at night is really annoying.
Get Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS and Android (2023)
The dark theme is a natural setting in the Snapchat app for the iPhone, but it’s not included on the Android version. Many Android users have been asking how to enable Snapchat’s dark mode on their devices for a while now. And you’re at the correct place, too. On your Android phone, you can use the clever workaround we’ve provided to enable Snapchat’s dark look. So let’s get started right away.
How Can I Enable the Dark Mode on Snapchat?
In October 2019, Snapchat, the well-known picture messaging and social networking app, announced a dark mode option for iOS/iPhone, just a few weeks after Apple offered a dark mode option to iOS. Utilize it as such.
Method 1: Via the Snapchat settings
- Step 1: Click your “Bitmoji” in the top left corner to access your Snapchat profile.
- Step 2: In the top right corner, click the “Gear Icon” (Settings).
- Step 3: Select “App Appearance” by scrolling down.
- Step 4: Choose “Always Dark” in step four.
Method 2: Forced Dark Mode in Android Is How To Get Dark Mode Snapchat
Many Android phones allow you to force installed apps into the dark mode, especially if the app doesn’t have it already. On OnePlus (OxygenOS 12, based on ColorOS), Oppo, Realme, and Vivo devices, the feature was found.
Here’s how to get dark mode Snapchat in the Android version of the Snapchat app.
- Step 1. Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Step 2. Select Display & Brightness in step 2.
- Step 3. Select the Dark Mode settings to link here.
- Step 4. Select Dark Mode for outside apps (beta)
- Step 5. Locate the Snapchat option and turn it on.
- Step 6. When prompted, select Turn On to activate Snapchat’s dark mode.
You can force dark mode through developer options to obtain a dark black theme on your Snapchat app if the aforementioned fix doesn’t work on your device (especially on older phones running Android 11). How to do it is as follows:
You must first enable Developer Options, though: Navigate to Settings > About Device. Press the Build number seven times to activate Developer Options.
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Select Developer Options under System Settings.
- Step 3: Switch it on. Enable the Override force dark toggle by scrolling down.
- Step 4: Check to see if the Snapchat app has dimmed yet by opening it.
Method 3: Using a Smart Inverter
Invert Colors is usually quickly accessible on Android devices via the fast settings tile.
Tap the Edit button to see if it’s available if you can’t find it. If not, proceed as described below.
- Step 1: Access your phone’s settings.
- Step 2: Click Accessibility in the System Settings menu.
- Step 3: Choose Inversion of Color. Activate the toggle.