Weinstein was born on March 19, 1952, in Flushing, Queens, New York City. His parents were diamond cutter Max Weinstein (1924–1976) and Miriam Weinstein (1926–2016). His family is Jewish, and his maternal grandparents came from Poland.
He and his younger brother, Bob, grew up in New York City in a housing co-op called Electchester. Weinstein went to high school at John Bowne and then went to college at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Currently, Where Is Harvey Weinstein?
Currently, where is Harvey Weinstein? At the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, the disgraced Hollywood film producer is being held under booking number 6217733. With a maximum capacity of 9,500 inmates, it was constructed in 1997 as a maximum-security facility.
MUST BE READ: Where Is Julian Assange Now? As Sweden Dropped The Rape Inquiry Against Him!
- He was extradited to California in July 2021 and is currently serving a 23-year prison sentence after being found guilty in New York on two counts of conducting a criminal sexual act in the first-degree and third-degree rape. However, he also faced criminal charges in California.
- After nine days of deliberation, a Los Angeles jury on December 19, 2022, found Weinstein guilty of rape but ultimately returned a mixed decision. In 2013, he was found guilty of raping and abusing a woman who worked as an actress.
- He was accused of seven offenses in total, including two counts of rape and five counts of sexual assault, which were brought against him between 2004 and 2013.
- In connection with an Italian actress who testified that Weinstein attacked her in 2013, he was found guilty of three crimes: rape, forced oral sex, and sexual penetration.
- Governor Gavin Newsom of California’s wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, was one of his accusers. On November 14, 2022, Newsom testified in court about being raped by Weinstein in 2005, when she was a budding actor and producer.
- At a party held at a hotel during a film festival, she recalled meeting Weinstein for the first time. According to Variety, Newsom remarked before the jury, “Harvey Weinstein was more powerful than me.” He was similar to the kingmaker. He was the best in the business.
MUST BE READ: Is Jonah Hill Dating Anyone? Who Is the Jonah Hill Girlfriend In 2023?
Is Harvey Weinstein Still Alive?
Harvey Weinstein is still alive. He is serving a 23-year prison sentence at Wende Correctional Facility in Erie County, New York.
While he was in jail, he tested positive for Covid-19 in March 2020.
He reportedly did not show any signs of the disease. But he was put in isolation at the prison.
- Even with his current sentence, Weinstein is still facing a criminal trial in Los Angeles for rape and other sexual assault charges.
- On Monday, December 19, 2022, three of the seven charges against Weinstein were found to be true.
- CNN says, “The three charges Weinstein was found guilty of—rape, sexual penetration by a foreign object, and forcible oral copulation—were all related to one of his accusers, a model and actress who said the movie mogul attacked her in a Beverly Hills hotel room in February 2013.”
- The LA District Attorney’s Office says that Weinstein could spend up to 24 years in prison if he is found guilty in Los Angeles.
- If Weinstein is found guilty of all the charges against him in LA on the West Coast, he could get a 140-year sentence.
In November 2020, it was said that Weinstein is having a lot of health problems while he is in prison.
In February 2020, when Weinstein was found guilty, he left the court in an ambulance and went to Bellevue Hospital, saying he was having chest pains and high blood pressure. Later, a stent was put in to unclog an artery.