Having your contacts know when you’ve read a message isn’t something everyone wants. If you’re in a similar situation, you may easily disable read receipts on your iPhone by following these instructions.
Who among you has visited this place before? So, you got an SMS, but right now isn’t a good time (or place) for you to reply. You intend to ignore it, but a careless gesture could accidentally reveal your reading it. Read receipts are to credit for the pressure to answer quickly to texts, as well as the potential backlash you can face if you don’t.
When discussing time-sensitive or urgent matters, the timestamp that appears when the recipient opens an iMessage is a useful tool. But, reading receipts on iPhones can quickly backfire, so it’s helpful to know how to disable them.
Have no idea where to begin? Easy-to-follow iPhone hacks are provided. To disable read receipts on your iPhone, follow these detailed instructions. But that’s not all! Learn how to use your phone’s messaging functions to their fullest extent by knowing how to delete, recover, and forward texts as well as how to disable autocorrect.
How to Turn Off Read Receipts for All Contacts
If you value your privacy, you may easily disable read receipts for all contacts on your iPhone. Make sure you’re running the most recent version of iOS before you get started. Here’s what to do next:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click on Messages.
3. Scroll down to the Send Read Receipts option.
4. Switch the slider to the “off” position. You’ll know it’s off when it turns gray. Now, when you open a message from any of your contacts, they will not see a time-stamped read receipt.
How to Turn Off Read Receipts for Specific Contacts
The times you check your messages could be something you want to hide from some people. To stop certain contacts from receiving read receipts, please follow the steps outlined below.
You don’t have to turn off read receipts for chats with contacts who use SMS (short message service) messaging, such as those with Android phones, because read receipts are an iPhone feature that only works for iMessage. One hint: SMS messages are indicated by the green text.
Read More: Key Benefits Of Technology In The Gaming Industry
1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
2. Select a conversation with the contact for whom you want to turn off read receipts.
3. Tap the contact’s profile icon above the conversation.
4. Scroll down to the Send Read Receipts option.
5. Switch the slider to the “off” position. This contact will no longer be able to see when you open a message from them.
How to Turn on Read Receipts
You can always enable the read receipts again if you decide you miss being able to let the sender know that you’ve read their communications. If you want to disable the function again, just turn it off again.
Read More: Life360 App: What Is It Exactly And Is It Safe For Use?
1 Go to the Preferences menu.
2. Go to the Messages tab.
3. Find the option to Send Read Receipts towards the bottom of the page.
4. Put the toggle switch in the “on” position. The button will light up in green.
The same goes for turning read receipts back on for specific contacts.
- start a new iMessage thread with the contact.
2. To view a contact’s profile, step two is to tap on their picture.
3. Choose the “Info” option.
4. Set the slider next to it by toggling Turn on Read Receipts and send them out.