Johnathan Bennett was born on April 16, 1993, in Chicago, Illinois. As a child, he had a hard time because his father didn’t like the idea of him becoming a musician. Instead, he wanted him to get a good education and have a more stable job.
His father used to work for the former mayor and senator of Chicago and is now the deputy chief for the mayor. Chance Bennett’s brother, Taylor Bennett, is also a rapper. Chance went to Jones Prep High School. During his freshman year, he started the hip-hop duo Instrumentality, whose songs were posted online.
Chance the Rapper’s Net Worth
Chance The Rapper is a famous American who was born in Chicago and has a lot of fans. He is a very successful rapper, singer, and record producer who has reached a lot of milestones in his career.
He has put out three mixtapes and one studio album. Aside from that, he has worked with some of the biggest names in the business on a number of occasions. Chance the Rapper has a pretty good net worth of $40 million.
READ MORE: The Net Worth of Bader Shammas: An Overview of His Wealth
The Career of Chance the Rapper
Chance’s first mixtape, called “10 Day,” came out in 2011. It got a lot of support from the audience and was even mentioned in a column in Forbes Magazine.
- In 2013, he released a new mixtape called “Acid Rap,” and it was a masterpiece. It was downloaded over a million times and was nominated for a BET award.
- The mixtape got to number 63 on the Billboard charts and was named one of Rolling Stone and NPR Music’s 50 favorite albums of 2013.
- Within the same year, he released “Paranoia” and was on Childish Gambino’s “Because the Internet” album.
- Chance made a short film called “Mr. Happy” in 2015. It’s mostly about a person who is depressed and thinking about killing himself until Mr. Happy comes along.
- That same year, he released his album “Surf,” performed with Kendrick Lamar, and made a mixtape with Lil B. He also played his song “Angels” on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” and a song called “Somewhere in Paradise” on “Saturday Night Live.”
- In 2016, he was on Kanye West’s album “The Life of Pablo.” He also wrote a few of the songs on the album, including “Famous” and “Waves.”
- Shortly after working with Kanye West, he was on Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’s album “Unruly Mess I’ve Made.”
- In 2016, Chance released his third mixtape, called “Coloring Book.” He then started his Magnificent Coloring World Tour in San Diego.
- As of March 2023, Chance The Rapper has a net worth of $25 Million.
READ MORE: The Rise of Luke Bryan’s Net Worth: How He Dominated the Country Music Scene?
Chances The Rapper got married to his girlfriend Kirsten Corley. They got married on March 9, 2019. They have two daughters: Kensli was born in September 2015, and Marli will be born in September 2019.
Before they got married, Chance and Kirsten dated for a long time. This led to a child support case over Kensli. In March 2017, the dispute was settled out of court.
His daughter, Kensli, was born with Atrial Fluter, which led Chance to rediscover his Christian faith. He thinks that God is to thank for his blessings and his success.
He lives with his family in Chicago.
Sources of Earning
Chance the Rapper has made most of his money from selling his music over the years.
He also gets paid when people stream and buy his music online.
He also makes money from tours and working with other artists, as well as selling merchandise.
Brand sponsorships and endorsements are another important way that this well-known rapper makes money. In this way, he has worked with well-known brands like Nike, Nestle, Doritos, MySpace, H&M, Dockers, and others.