Because Instagram is so popular, you can get a glimpse into the lives of many people, their unique hobbies, and global trends. Stories is an Instagram feature that is fun and easy to use. Instagram Stories are pictures and videos that you post to your profile and that stay there for 24 hours.
Since a story can only be seen by everyone for a limited amount of time, you have several ways to save it to your app or phone. There are also a few ways you could download or save the story of someone else.
- There are a few ways to download an active Instagram Story that you shared from your own account.
- You can save your own Instagram story to your phone, your highlights, or your archive to download it.
- You need third-party apps on a computer to download your story or someone else’s story.
How To Save Your Instagram Stories?
You Can Save Your Own Stories in A Few Different Ways:
1. Open and log into Instagram.
2. Tap your profile picture, located in the top-left corner, to view posts you’ve added to your story.
3. Choose the story you’d like to save and tap the three dots at the bottom right and tap Save… (iPhone) or Save Photo/Video (Android).
4. On an iPhone, select Save Photo/Video to save that specific story.
To save all your current stories as one vertical video, tap Save Story. Android users have to save each story individually.
Feature Your Story
You Can Also Save Instagram Stories in Your Highlights.
1. Tap your profile picture, located in the top-left corner of the main screen on the Instagram app.
2. When your desired Story appears, tap Highlight, located toward the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap the desired highlight collection to save your Story to.
Once the Story is saved, you can go to your profile and tap the highlight collection where you saved the Story to see it (located just below your profile information).
Save The Story To Your Phone
This Method Automatically Saves Your Instagram Story to An Archive in The App or To the Memory of Your Phone.
1. On Instagram, go to your profile and tap the three-line Menu icon in the top-right corner.
2. Tap Settings, then Privacy.
3. Tap Story. Underneath the Saving heading, you can toggle on Save Story to Camera Roll (iPhone) or Save Story to Gallery (Android) to save stories to your device’s photo app.
4. You can also solely toggle on Save Story to Archive to save photos and videos to your archive and not to your phone.
Save Your Instagram Story As A Post
You Can Also Turn Your Story Into a Post to Keep It from Disappearing After 24 Hours:
1. Open your desired Story in the Stories feature.
2. Tap the three dots, located at the bottom of the screen.
3. Choose Share as post.