When you get the “Message Blocking Is Active” error on your Android or Apple iPhone, you can’t send your text message no matter how many times you try. This problem is caused by a few things, and we’ll show you how to fix them so you can start texting again.
The above error could be caused by a wrongly installed SIM card, a mobile plan that isn’t working, a blocked phone number, or other things.
1). Put The Sim Card In Your Phone The Right Way
Your SIM card might not be in your phone right, which means you can’t send text messages. Your phone has trouble reading what’s on the SIM card, which makes it hard to send and receive text messages and phone calls.
Putting Your Sim Card Back Into Your Phone Will Fix the Problem. so As To:
- Pull the SIM card tray out of your Android or iPhone.
- Take the SIM card off of the tray.
- Place the SIM card back on the tray properly.
- Push the tray back into your phone.
- Wait for a few seconds and try to send your message.
2.) Check With Your Carrier About Your Mobile Plan
You might also not be able to send text messages because your mobile plan has ended or doesn’t include SMS. In this case, you won’t be able to send texts from your phone.
You can find out by calling your carrier from a different phone or by going to the website of your carrier and asking for help there. Your carrier should tell you about your current plan and what you need to do to get your text messages back.
As soon as you fix the problems with your plans, you won’t have any trouble sending and receiving texts on your phones.
ALSO READ: What Is The Meaning of Snapchat’s WTM?
3.) Unblock The Phone Number That Was Blocked On Your Phone
Even though the block feature is meant to stop you from getting calls and texts from a certain number, you might be able to fix the problem by unblocking the number you’re trying to send your message to.
Later, You Can Re-Block a Phone Number if You Want.
- Open the Phone app on your phone.
- Select the three dots in the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- Tap Blocked numbers to view your block list.
- Select X next to the phone number you want to unblock.
- Choose Unblock in the prompt.
- Launch the Messages app and try to send your message.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone to access the device settings menu.
- Scroll down and select Phone.
- Tap Call Blocking & Identification to view your blocked contacts.
- Choose Edit in the top-right corner and tap the – (minus) sign to the left of the number you want to unblock.
- Select Unblock next to the phone number, then tap Done in the top-right corner.
- Launch Messages and try to send your message.
ALSO READ: How To Download The Old Version Of Instagram On An iPhone?
4.) Set Up Your Android Phone For Premium SMS Access
You can send people premium text messages with an Android phone, which is a feature called “premium message.” For this feature, your carrier may charge you extra.
When You Get the “message Blocking Is Active” Error, You Should Turn This Feature On
- Launch Settings on your Android phone.
- Select Apps & notifications in Settings.
- Choose Special app access at the bottom.
- Select Premium SMS access.
- Choose your messages app and select Always allow.
- Send your pending message in the Messages app.
5.) iMessage Can Be Turned Off On Your iPhone
You can send both regular text messages and iMessages with the iPhone’s Messages app. Since both features are part of the same app, your phone may not understand what kind of message you are trying to send.
In This Case, turn off iMessage on your iPhone and see if that fixes your issue
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select the Messages option.
- Turn off the iMessage toggle.
6). Fix Your Phone’s Wrong Date And Time
Having the wrong date and time on your phone can lead to a number of problems. Your iPhone or Android device may be telling you “Message Blocking Is Active” because the date and time are set wrong.
You Can Fix That By Setting Your Cell Phone to Automatically Set the Time and Date.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap System.
- Choose a Date & time.
- Enable both Use network-provided time and Use network-provided time zone options.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Select General > Date & Time in Settings.
- Turn on the Set Automatically option.
7.) Reset The Network Settings On Your Phone
How your phone connects to different networks is set by your network settings. If these settings are broken or set wrong, you won’t be able to use some network features, like sending text messages.
Your message error could have been caused by a problem with how your network is set up. You can easily fix that by putting all of your network settings back to their defaults. This deletes your custom settings and brings them back to what they were from the factory.
- Open Settings and navigate to System > Reset options.
- Select Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
- Choose your SIM card from the drop-down menu and tap Reset settings.
- Restart your phone when you’ve reset the settings.
- Launch Settings and tap General > Reset.
- Choose Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your iPhone’s passcode.
- Select Reset Network Settings in the prompt.
- Reboot your iPhone.