Meta made the Oculus Quest 2, which is also called just “Quest 2.” It is a virtual reality (VR) headset. It uses the Android operating system and must be set up for the first time with a smartphone running the Oculus app.
Plus, it can work on its own or connect to a desktop computer via USB or Wi-Fi, so your PC can use VR software that works with Oculus. People want to play Roblox games on Oculus Quest 2 because they are fun. How do I get Oculus Quest 2 to work with Roblox? Keep reading.
Can Roblox Be Played On The Oculus Quest 2?
Can Roblox games be played on Oculus Quest 2? “Yes” is the obvious answer. But Roblox isn’t automatically available in VR, so you’ll have to use the headset in Oculus Link mode.
In this case, a link cable, which is a special high-quality USB-C cable, can be used to connect the Quest to the PC. You can use either the official Quest link cable or any third-party cable that works with Quest. Roblox runs on your PC, and the PC sends data to the Quest through a cable. This lets you play Roblox in virtual reality.
How To Get Ready To Play Roblox On Oculus Quest 2?
Here Are a Few Things You Need to Get Started if You Have an Oculus Quest 2:
- A VR-ready PC with USB-C ports: Since the game itself will run on a PC, you’ll need a PC that can play and stream at the same time. And your PC needs to meet the minimum requirements for Oculus Link.
- Oculus Link Setting: Oculus Link is the primary software we use to play Roblox on the Oculus Quest 2.
- Install Roblox Player: Playing Roblox games requires a small Roblox player to be installed on your PC.
- USB-C cable: It is recommended that you use a USB 3.0 or higher cable.
- Official Oculus Quest 2 PC App: It allows you to run Oculus Link and Air Link to play Oculus Quest 2 Roblox VR on PC.
How To Use The Oculus Quest 2 To Play Roblox?
Here Are All the Steps for Playing Roblox on Quest 2:
Step 1: Make sure your Oculus Quest is turned on and properly connected to your PC using the USB-C cable.
Step 2: Launch the Quest 2 desktop app and then click Devices. Then press the Add a New Headset button, and select your Oculus Quest 2 device. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Step 3: Then click Link (Cable) > Continue to connect your Quest 2 to your PC. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 4: To enable Unknown Sources on Oculus Link, you need to click Settings > General > enableUnknown Sources. Then find a VR-enabled Roblox game and click the play button. If the Roblox game doesn’t launch in VR mode, open Settings and select VR.
Can You Play Roblox In VR Mode?
If You’ve Successfully Connected Your Quest or Quest 2 to Your Pc, and You’re Playing Roblox in Virtual Desktop Mode on Your Headset, but You Don’t See the Option to Turn on Vr, There May Be a Problem.
- Roblox games don’t support VR. Not all Roblox games support VR, and games that do may not support Quest headsets. Make sure the Roblox game you’re launching is made for VR and works with Oculus Quest 2.
- You have an old or beta version of Roblox: Older versions can cause compatibility issues that can make VR hard to use. In this case, try uninstalling Roblox and redownloading it directly from the Roblox site. It might be best to install the program as an administrator.
- Steam VR May Help: Since Steam VR is compatible with so many games, it might help. You can download and install Steam VR for free, and then run it. Then start Roblox in the browser.