So you want to get rid of your Gmail account on your phone. In this piece, you’ll learn how to delete a Gmail account on an iPhone or Android and the difference between deleting and removing. Also, you’ll learn how Clean Email can help you organize your email!
Removing vs. Deleting A Gmail Account
When you delete a Gmail account, it’s gone forever. No more emails can be sent or received at that address. If you delete your mailbox, it might be hard to get it back. Learn how to recover a Gmail account and how to get back lost emails from Gmail.
When you delete a mailbox from your phone, you won’t be able to view your emails on that device anymore. Your emails will still be there, your mailbox won’t be removed from Google, and you can always add the mailbox back to your Mail app or Gmail app whenever you want.
You might want to remove a folder from your mobile device if you don’t need these emails on your phone if you have a new account, or if you’re planning to delete it altogether.
How To Remove A Gmail Account From iPhone?
Here’s How To Remove Gmail from Your Phone Using the Mail App, Gmail App, and Safari.
To remove a Gmail account from iPhone Mail, Follow These Steps:
- Open Settings on iPhone.
- Tap Contacts.
- Select Accounts.
- Tap the Gmail account you want to remove.
- Select the Delete button at the bottom.
ALSO READ: How Can Chrome Music Lab Help You Learn Music Theory?
How To Remove a Gmail Account From iPhone Using The Gmail App?
- Open the app.
- Tap on your Profile picture.
- Tap Manage Accounts on This Device.
- Tap Remove from This Device under the mailbox address you want to be removed.
- Click Remove again within the pop-up.
How to Remove A Gmail Account from Your Phone Using Safari?
- Open Safari and search for mail.google.com
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner.
- Tap Gmail Accounts at the top to open the accounts menu.
- Tap Sign Out of All Accounts.
- Another page will open called Choose an Account.
- Here you can select the Remove Account option.
- Now tap the red button next to all accounts you want to remove.
- Click yes, and remove, to confirm!
ALSO READ: How Can You Watch 123Movies in 2023? Follow These 3 Steps for Easy Access!
How to Remove Gmail Account from Android?
You can remove it from Android straight from your settings, you don’t need to remove an email address from the Android Gmail app.
Here’s How to Remove Your Gmail account from Android Phones:
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Tap Accounts, or it may say Users and Accounts.
- Tap the Gmail you want to be removed.
- Finally, tap Remove an address to confirm.
If You Happen to Lose Your Device, or It Is Stolen, You Can Remove Your Gmail Address Remotely.
- Sign into your Google account on another device.
- Go into Settings.
- Tap the account you need to remove.
- Now tap Manage your Google Account.
- Navigate to the Security settings tab.
- Scroll until you see Your Devices.
- Tap Manage Devices.
- Click on the missing device, then Account Access.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click Remove again to confirm.