When attending meetings, working in an office, or studying in a library, we typically put our electronic devices into silent mode. This holds true regardless of the setting. Having said that, this may occasionally cause one to miss out on notifications that are quite important. If you want to solve this problem, you can turn on vibration or haptic feedback while the device is in silent mode.
By doing so, you will be able to get vital notifications in a discrete manner without bothering other people. To make your iPhone vibrate while it is in quiet mode, here is how to do it.
1. Put Your iPhone on Vibrate in Silent Mode
It is not necessary for you to become a nerd in order to enable vibration in quiet mode on your iPhone. This process is quick and easy. Simply launch the Settings app and head to the Sounds & Haptics section of the menu. Turn on the toggle that is located next to the Play Haptics in Silent Mode option by scrolling down. It is all that.
There is a possibility that you will not be able to use the Play Haptics in Silent Mode option if your iPhone is operating on an older version, such as iOS 15 or lower. A Vibrate on Silent option will be displayed on your smartphone instead of the default setting.
Aside from that, the method is very identical; all you need to do is go to the Sounds settings and enable the feature that allows you to vibrate while the sound is silent.
2. Customize Vibration Patterns on iPhone
If you find that the vibrating patterns that come pre-installed on your iPhone are not to your liking, you may quickly swap to different patterns. In this manner:
- launch the Settings app once more, and then navigate to the Sounds & Haptics area.
- Select the tone that you wish to customize from the Sounds and Haptics Patterns menu, and then select the Vibration option from the drop-down menu that appears. In this particular instance, we will be using Ringtone.
- Once you have arrived at that location, choose the vibration pattern that you want to use.
And that’s it. To your satisfaction, the vibration patterns on your iOS device have been successfully modified.
Create and Use Custom Vibration Patterns on iPhone
The iPhone also gives you the ability to build and use your own custom vibration in quiet mode, which is something you can do if possible. I’ll give you a quick rundown of it:
- Select Vibration from the menu that appears once you navigate to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone (or any tone) under Sounds and Haptics Patterns.
- Once you have arrived at that location, click the option to Create New Vibration, and then begin tapping on the screen to begin recording your vibration patterns.
- After that, you can either hit the listen button to listen to the vibration that was recorded or the Record button to restart the recording on your device.
- When you are satisfied with it, the next step is to tap the Save button, input the name of the vibration, and then hit the Save button.
The new vibration pattern will be immediately programmed to be created using your personalized vibration. You are able to manually pick it in the event that it did not.
Things to Keep In Mind
- Despite the fact that you have enabled the Play Haptics in Silent Mode option, it will not vibrate if you have the vibration feature turned off for the entire system. Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, and then check to see if the Vibration option is activated. This will ensure that it is not disabled.
- One more thing to take into consideration is that the vibration is not turned off for certain types of tones.