As someone who uses Discord on a regular basis, you are aware of how fast the side panel can become confused due to the presence of all the server logos that you are a part of. The server that you are seeking for will be difficult to locate as a result of this. In order to resolve the issue, we can organize these server icons into folders and group them together.
As a result of the fact that not all of the servers that we join are of high quality, the best choice would be to leave the Discord server that you are no longer participating in. In the event that you are the administrator of the server, you have the option of stepping down by either transferring the authority to another individual or deleting the server entirely. A server can be left or deleted on Discord by following these steps.
How to Leave a Server on Discord on Desktop?
If you did not create the server, it is simple for you to exit any server that is hosted on Discord.
- Launch the Discord app or website, and then launch the server associated with the server you wish to leave.
- Now, in the upper left corner of the screen, click on the name of the server. Make sure to choose the Leave server option from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, in order to immediately quit the server, you must click on the button that says “Leave Server” that appears in the pop-up.
How to Leave a Server on Discord on Mobile?
When compared to the desktop version, the procedure for leaving the server on mobile is not significantly different.
- On your Android or iOS smartphone, launch the Discord app and select the server from the sidebar that you wish to leave. Select the server that you wish to leave.
- At the top of the screen, next to the server’s name, tap on the kebab menu, which is called the three-dot menu.
- A pop-up window will appear; all you need to do is scroll up and select the Leave Server option.
- In the pop-up window, select the Yes option to validate the decision.
How to Leave a Server You Created on Discord on Desktop?
In the event that you have established the server, it is not simple to exit. Due to the fact that you are the administrator, the option will not appear in the pop-up menu. You do have the ability to delete the entire Discord server; however, doing so would result in the loss of access for everyone else who is currently using that server.
This can be accomplished by transferring control of the Discord server to another individual, which is an option for those who prefer to quit on their own will. You will then be able to exit the server in the same manner as any other member, as we saw earlier.
- launch the Discord app or website, and then launch the server that you wish to leave.
- At this point, select the Server settings option from the drop-down menu that appears after clicking on the server’s name in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Within the Server settings, navigate to the sidebar and select the Members choices on the menu.
- In this section, you should locate the list of users on your server and search for the person to whom you wish to transfer ownership.
- At this point, select the Transfer ownership option by clicking on the kebab menu (the menu with three dots) that is located next to that user.
- A pop-up window is opened by Discord. By enabling the option next to “I acknowledge that by transferring ownership of this server to another user, it officially belongs to them,” you are confirming that you have an understanding of this fact. When you are finished, select the Transfer Ownership button that is located below it.
- To proceed with the process, Discord will ask you to enter the two-factor authentication code if you have enabled two-factor authentication on your account.
- You will no longer be the owner of the server once you have completed this step. Now, return to the settings menu and select the server name located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Now, in order to leave the Discord server that you were formerly the administrator of, click the Leave Server option.
- After that, in order to confirm, select the Leave Server option that appears in the pop-up box.
How to Leave a Server You Created on Discord on Mobile?
On the Discord server, you are unable to leave your own server alone. It is necessary for you to transfer ownership of your server to another individual in order to accomplish this.
- Launch the Discord application on your mobile device, whether it’s an Android or an iOS device, and choose the server that you wish to leave.
- After that, select the kebab menu (the menu with three dots) at the top of the screen, and then select the Settings option.
- When you are on the settings page, choose the option that says “Members.”
- You should be able to see the list of users associated with the server here. Simply choose the user to whom you wish to transfer control of the Discord server, and then proceed with the transfer.
- To complete the process, simply select the option to transfer ownership.
- Make the toggle next to it active. Due to the fact that I have transferred ownership of this server to another person, I acknowledge that it is now formally part of their possession. When you are finished, select the Transfer button that is located below it.
- Next, in the pop-up window, input the two-factor authentication code, and then touch the button that says “Transfer Ownership.”
- At this point, return to the server page and select the kebab menu, which is represented by the three dots. You can leave the server by selecting the option from the menu. When you are finished, all you need to do to quit the server is touch the Yes button.